VP, Product Designer, Institutional Banking Group, Group Design
What you'll be doing You'll spend most of your time trying to simplify very complex products and ideas. It may be an uphill battle, but it's worth it. If you succeed, your designs will be experienced by millions and solve real-life problems. We say that, if you can work in a bank, you can work anywhere. Don't worry, we're a nice bunch of people. Around here, we go out of our way to help one another â¤ï¸. Here's what your week might look like
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- You'll spend time with our wonderful research team. Together you'll translate user insights into tangible designs that address customer needs while meeting the business goals of the project.
- More often than not, You'll check on the latest relevant data, including product performance or revenue models, to get a better understanding of the problem and meet the stakeholders to redefine the problem statement.
- Once you know where you're going, it's time to tackle the behemoth tech systems and legal restrictions of a bank. Product manager will become your best friend. You'll message the tech lead more than your parents. You'll get a crash course in finance law. You will work closely with these buddies to help identify and prioritise their near and long term goals, and work out a product roadmap and strategy with them.
- We want to hire people who have opinions, believe in their ideas and are willing to fight for them. But we also want people who can recognise when a better argument or solution is put before them. All of us participate in user testing, and so will you.
- Produce work you are proud of. This is where your craft comes in. Depending on the demands of the project, you should be familiar with creating user journey maps, service design blueprints, work on information architecture, produce wireframes and clickable prototypes for user validation sessions.
- We do respect the privacy of people with headphones-on, trying to avoid eye contact. So you'll have the time to focus on your stuff.
- Like we said, producing good work is not good enough if it doesn't get built. You will meet stakeholders from different departments and articulate your ideas so clearly that you'll become an honorary Toastmaster.
- Before you know it, it will be Friday and time for team dinner, drinks or Creative Day (we do something fun and creative together once a month).
- You have led and inspired a group of designers to produce great work.
- You can brainstorm the next big thing one moment and still tweak pixels right before launch.
- You have the ability to prioritise (you don't focus on illustrations if the UX looks like a love child between Frankenstein and Krusty the Clown).
- You work smart and are ready to improve processes.
- You have enough curiosity to stay savvy about industry and UX trends.
- You have confidence in your ideas and the ability to communicate them clearly.
- You follow through-when built, your designs actually look and work like they should. You monitor products after launch and are ready to suggest improvements.
- You have a burning desire to make things better and don't accept non-answers like "that's just the way it has always been".
Your team and career
- You actively contribute to the UX community.
- You're kind of a behavioural science geek.
- You have personal pet projects you work on for fun in your free time.
About DBS DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia. We are headquartered in Singapore, with a growing presence in Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. We were named the Best Bank in the World by Global Finance in August 2018 - the first Singapore and Asian bank to receive this honour. We want our customers to Live more, Bank less. And we want to make banking invisible. Every day, there's a lot more to explore, experience and enjoy-and a lot less time to do it in. That's why we've created banking that's fast, natural, effortless. Banking that's with you wherever life takes you, instead of taking you away from life. So you can enjoy a lot more life, with a lot less bank. About the design team Hi, we are the DBS user experience design team We create digital products that deserve to be built because they solve real problems in an impactful way with empathy. How we design We go beyond numbers Every dollar means something. No one actually wants money. We want what it can give us. So we acknowledge that money is not really about money. We inject emotion into our products to go from transactional to magical. We have one profound idea Because ambiguity is the enemy of good user experience. What is our unique value proposition? Would adding another feature dilute the idea or make it stronger? Connect with us https://www.instagram.com/dbsuxd/ https://medium.com/dbs-bank-design
- You will be working closely with stakeholders and fellow designers within DBS Institutional Banking Group (IBG). The things you design will meet the needs of a range of customers from small sole-proprietorships to large global institutions with different departments and army of staff of varying levels with different needs.
- This role is reporting to the Head of Design for IBG, who in turn reports to DBS Chief Design Officer. Depending on your career aspirations, you can continue to grow by pursuing perfection in your craft as an individual contributor or take on managerial responsibilities as a design manager.