VP, Private Banking Credit Risk Team Lead
- Aug 31, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Private Bank who is well known for their top notch bespoke wealth management services.
The Singapore team is looking for an experienced VP to join their Private Banking Credit Risk team which sits with the wider Credit Risk Management department. You will be expected to provide expertise in credit approvals and lead a number of credit officers based in Singapore as well as an offshore credit team.
Role and responsibilities
- Seek to perform analysis of the counterparty, underlying credit risk and transaction structure of SEA PB Credit Facility (Lombard and Mortgage)
- Assess the quality & suitability of the collateral being offered (including liquidity & concentration), the exposure risk, highlight the key risk drivers/issues
- Generate the counterparty & collateral risk ratings and communicate the rating rationale, if required
- Understand and apply the Bank's Global / Regional Credit Policies/ Manual, negotiate with deal team on risk mitigating strategies / condition to enhance the risk profile
- Exercise credit judgement within delegated credit authority, present the credit request to senior management for approval
- Perform timely facility review and checking against all conditions and covenants are fulfilled as per approval
- Report timely and present the facility to Watch-list committee and early engagement with Recovery Team
- Monitor the market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments and proactively take actions to minimize the portfolio impact. Conduct ad-hoc scenario / sensitivity analyses
- Perform / review exposure monitoring tasks on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, enforce credit breach, margin calls and liquidations if required
- Coordinate with Credit Risk Control and Risk Analytics and Reporting department to ensure that the exposures are adequately reflected in the risk system
- Strong, effective partner management skills and able to perform the 2nd line of defense' role to ensure risk taking activity is prudent, within the risk appetite, relevant risk limits, and/or operational capability of the firm.
- Collaborate closely with Internal / External Auditor, Credit Risk Review
- Develop and grow a new offshore Credit Analyst Team and /or being the team-lead for Singapore based Credit Officers
- University degree holder, preferably in finance, maths, business, accounting. Professional qualifications such as CFA / MBA is preferred
- Minimum 8 years of work experience, in Credit Risk or Wealth Management, with knowledge in capital markets and derivatives. Added advantage with experience on Private Banking Mortgage Loan
- Independent judgement with strong analytical and risk assessment skills. A wide degree of sense of ownership and can-do-latitude.
- Excels in team-work and collaboration
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working under pressure to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standard
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at email@example.com for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932