VP, Operations Risk and Control
- Aug 31, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Corporate and Investment Banking services. They are one of the well-recognised tier one houses.
The Singapore team is looking for a VP to join their Operations Risk and Control team. You will be expected to provide governance support and look after risk and controls for the operations domain for the markets business.
Role and responsibilities
- Oversee the Risks and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process for Operations, ensuring appropriate challenge being provided to preserve the purpose of the framework
- Engage in discussions concerning the control framework with Internal / External Auditors (audit related); cooperate in completion of such audits as well as the SOX Audits
- Manage relationship with ORM, Internal / External Audits, FOS, Business Managers and other Control counterparts
- Oversee the KRI breaks and exceptions periodically to assess impact
- Analyse incidents / events, perform impact and trend analysis, assess the strategic outlook of actions proposed
- Oversee the closure of audit action points and issues; work with the department heads to ensure accuracy and completeness of responses
- Collaborate with cross divisional / regional counterparts on initiatives looking to enhance the control and governance framework for Operations
- Initiate projects / analysis (as necessary) to pave way for a better control framework within Operations
- Ensure consistent understanding of relevant of standards and guidelines applicable to operations
- Conduct training, awareness, case study sessions on themes relevant to the current control environment to ensure uniform appreciation of existing risks and controls among the Operations teams
- Participate in ARPs, cross border forums and other cross divisional / cross regional forums, as deemed appropriate
- Participate in Quality Assurance reviews (post appropriate training to conduct such reviews)
- Drive the design and implementation of Vendor Risk Management Framework within Operations
- Has a master's degree or equivalent in Finance or related subject/s
- Has relevant experience in Operations, preferably with a risk management / audit background
- Has experience in control assessments, preferably utilizing data analytics where applicable
- Has some exposure to Vendor Risk Frameworks
- Is a confident communicator with good presentation skills
- Is comfortable with negotiating; possesses an ability to seek buy-ins from key stakeholders
- Has a keen attention to details, able to multitask and enjoys problem solving
- Possesses strong analytical skills and an ability to quickly learn new products and systems; needs to be able to thrive in a challenging constantly changing environment
- Is dynamic - with a strong character and excellent interpersonal skills
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932