Seeking candidates with finance operations experience of more than 8 years within the insurance industry
- Support the Finance HOD on finance operations, projects and implementation of new IFRS.
- Oversee the entire finance operations under legacy system (Gen400) and supporting the transition to a new computer system
- Manage the operations of the finance team in areas of processes improvements, support to Claims dept and Biz development units, mgt information (channels analysis) and regulatory compliance. These include financial and systems input on new initiatives
- Quarterly analysis on industry performance and financial modelling.
- Assist in annual Business Plan
- Supervise, mentor and coach all staff by enhancing their technical and operations knowledge.
- Review and streamline work processes of the department operations for greater efficiency whilst meeting control objectives. These include updating the ICP documentation & Half yearly checklists
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulatory provisions and Group policies as are relevant to the role
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned
- Degree in Accounting (Preferably from a local university)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of financial accounting
- Good appreciation of financial and internal controls, with the ability to balance requirements for internal control with efficiency
- Commercial understanding of the insurance business
- More than 8 years of experience in general insurance company is preferred
- Auditing experience
- Experience in finance operations