VP, Log Management Platform Lead, Shared Infrastructure Services
Posting Date: 29-Nov-2019
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: Unicom Data Bank Pte Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Designs, implement, and configure the firm-wide Log Management Platform as per business requirements
- Evolve the offering as a service with strong focus on Product Management. As a Product Owner, create the feature backlog, prioritize and maintain the roadmap along with being technically hands-on and responsible for deliverables.
- Must understand, interpret and develop content for SIEM products to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Will coordinate with other organizations (SOC/CSIRT) and assist with advanced issue resolution across the enterprise
- Integration of data feeds (logs) into the platform. Perform Content Development to properly identify data feeding SIEM's and correlation of events. Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
- On-going administration and operational support of the Log Management Infrastructure preferably in DevOps model.
- Provides strategic support of stack integration and deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize the platform on an on-going basis
- Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
- 10-12+ years' overall experience in Information Technology (IT)
- 3+ years' experience in Monitoring Engineering or Data Engineer related role
- Splunk or ELK (Elastic Stack, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats component protocol)
- Cloud Native principles, Docker containers, Kubernetes, CICD
- Kafka buffering for Elastic Stack architectures
- Good understanding of Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and implementation of same in real world along with exposure to associated tool sets (JIRA/Confluence)
- Knowledge of MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (i.e.: Crystal Reports, BIRT, or a similar industry solution) relational databases.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. Candidates should have proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
Apply now and make a difference.