VP, L3 Production Support Lead, Cash & Payments, Group Technology
Posting Date: 23-Apr-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Cash & Payments Technology L3 Lead, this incumbent is responsible for all day-to-day application stability & improvement activities around code fixes related to Cash & Payments within Transaction Banking area:
- Take care of all application software development and support activities as part of problem ticket remediation / fixes
- Work within a team of L3 Development & Support resources to perform code fixes or work with vendors for the delivery and deployment of code fixes to meet business requirements on stability, performance & capacity in alignment with organization's business objectives
- Define and manage technical solution from design to code level, in close collaboration with the development and software engineering functions
- Manage 3rd party product vendors and integration partners to ensure application code fix deliveries are timely and good quality
- Be a hands-on manager to guide team on stability, existing functional and technical issues when faced with external or internal user queries / complaints
- Partner with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the overall book of work in terms of problem remediation
- Contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance, including further adoption and improvements to the Bank's System Development Methodology (SDM)
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar domain
- Minimum Relevant Experience: 10 years or more of Technology experience encompassing Application design, development, team management & budgetary responsibilities
- Programming / OS / Technology Skills: At least few years of experience in maintaining / managing applications in at least some of the technologies such as Java, ReactJS, Python, Oracle, MariaDB, MSSQL, Solaris, RedHat Linux, JBOSS, WebLogic, Apache, Cloud based development, MQ, Connect Direct, Control-M, Tivoli, Geneos, etc.
- Stakeholder Management Experience: Required
- Technology Domain Knowledge: Significant domain knowledge in Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Payments.
- Business Domain Knowledge: Transaction Banking
- Vendor Management: Minimum 2 years with experience managing third party & offshore development teams
- Lead & Manage Teams: At least 5 years
- Business Process / Functional Knowledge: 10 years or more in the banking technology domain with 2 years or more in Cash & Payments
- Software Methodology: Experience in various software lifecycle methodologies, including Agile, is a must. Experience / exposure to Dev Ops environment with Test Automation, CI & CD would be advantageous.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.