VP, Infrastructure Architect, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 18 Jan 18
VP, Infrastructure Architect, GTODescription
The IT Infrastructure Architect is a thought leader responsible for infrastructure deployment strategy as it relates to designing, selecting, building, configuring, and deploying business capability through application, infrastructure & technology solutions. This individual must be driven and must possess a wide range of IT infrastructure experience such as network, servers, storage, etc.
Provide both internal business and infrastructure group expertise in the development & execution of IT infrastructure solutions to business requirements, from both a strategic and tactical perspective; including IT security aspects.
- Reports into Infrastructure Planning and Design
- Executes regional IT infrastructure Design responsibilities to meet the regional business requirements of the Bank
- Engage and collaborate with engineering teams to establish, continuously improve and keep current regional IT Infrastructure Architectural Guidelines.
- Work closely with application teams, engineering and capacity planners to provide infrastructure architectural oversight and, ensure validity and alignment of solutions with Bank's Infrastructure guidelines.
- Perform infrastructure project cost review prior to submission for budget approval.
- Mentor and guide infrastructure teams to follow the agreed architecting guidelines.
- A professional with the ability to drive for results and the passion for excellence
- A strategic thinker who has the organizational agility to handle ambiguity and yet able to focus and set strategic direction for the team
- with the ability to look at issues from multiple angles, the candidate should be able to appreciate diverse perspectives and complexity and ambiguity in management and strategic decisions
- Possess the mental capacity and energy to sustain through difficulties and challenges; and the courage to raise issues and manage conflicts
- Ability to handle diverse and multiple projects concurrently across the region
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and large teams
- Self directed, self motivated with the ability to take ownership for business unit goals, he/she should make sound decisions in a timely manner, use good judgment and keep initiatives moving
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills and with effective presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years of IT experience of which at least 5 years as an Infrastructure Architect managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional projects.
- Track record of successfully designing infrastructure architectural and review of complex IT systems across countries.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in developing strategic roadmaps.
- Preferred IT Skill areas include:
- Server Hardware and technologies
- MS-Windows server OS, all versions and Unix or open source alternatives.
- MS Windows Server networking services (AD, IP protocol, DNS, DHCP, WINS, WSUS, etc.).
- MS Client OS, all active versions.
- Virtualization technologies
- Storage Technologies - SAN, NAS etc.
- Networking - specifically LAN server switching, both physical and virtual.
- Backup & DR solutions and recovery technologies.
- Scripting (shell, PowerShell, vb, or any other).
Significant technical projects outside of academic and work assignments that demonstrate a passion for infrastructure design are highly valued.
Desired soft skills include:
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving change.
- Demonstrate ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices.
- Demonstrate Leadership skills/potential along with the ability to interact and lead people in a matrixed organization - tact and diplomacy are essential attributes.
- Project Management experience - formal training beneficial.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrably action orientated.
- Language knowledge: effectively Fluent in English (speaking / writing), other languages an advantage.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours.