We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Corporate Services
The GIC Corporate Services team provides cooperative, collaborative and comprehensive support to our investment professionals. Multi-faceted teams deliver the core capabilities in trading and investment operations, risk control, human resources, communication and asset management. Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department (ISPVMF)
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Finance & Accounting - Investment Support Division of ISPVMF for our Asia Private Market (i.e. Real Estate, Private Equity and Infrastructure Investments) group as a Vice President.
This role covers primarily the finance and valuations aspects of deal support and on-going monitoring of the investment structure and valuations across the Asia private market business units and is expected to work closely with various internal and external stakeholders. The role is also expected to support the Team Lead in various finance transformation initiatives related to the global finance team. Responsibilities
- Works closely with Investment Teams, Deal Closers, Tax, Legal and external advisors to provide finance expertise on deal closing and on-going monitoring:
- Provide financial and operational inputs on holding structures, coordinate due diligence, funding mechanics, assess other accounting / valuations implications and manage various work streams with internal stakeholders and external advisors during investment/divestment process.
- Review accounting, finance and management reports of investment assets and holding companies for finance, valuation, accounting and reporting matters.
- Oversee transaction accounts, cash management and liaise with banks on funding requirements across different countries.
- Design and implement process for on-going monitoring of investments e.g. cash management, local compliance requirements etc
- Review monthly market value updates, prepare variance and returns analysis
- Partner with operation team to fulfil all operational requirements
- Works closely with Team Lead to design and implement various finance improvement initiatives and analytics as part of Finance Transformation
- Assist in coaching junior team members
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accountancy, Finance or Economics.
- At least 7 years relevant working experience (ideally within either Real Estate, Private Equity or Infrastructure), with experience in a public accounting firm.
- CPA preferable but not mandatory
- Strong financial acumen; exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills
- Experience using advanced functionality in MS Office and other advanced analytical and visualization tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff including senior management
- Experience of managing teams and projects
- Detail-oriented with the ability and track record to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, proactive in thought leadership and industry best practices.
- Proficiency in business Mandarin for spoken and written is required, due to work interactions with chinese counterparts.