VP, Group Wholesale Operations & Standardization
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 13 Dec 17
VP, Group Wholesale Operations & StandardizationGroup Wholesale and Standardization (GWOS) has the overall responsibility of oversighting the operations of the overseas branches. The team is also required to standardize wholesale operations processes across the bank's subsidiaries as well as the overseas branches.
- Conduct detailed peer reviews at the overseas branches with a focus on operational risks
- Prepare the scope of the review
- List of detailed operational risks findings with appropriate recommendations
- Track all findings to closure
- Review all audit findings relating to operations that are conducted by internal or external auditors.
- Conduct thematic checks on operations controls as specified in the various policies especially the Banking Operations Policy.
- Lead on the discussions on best practices at the monthly phone conferences with the operations managers.
- Ensure that all KRCSAs across the overseas branches are standardized and that KRCSAs guidelines and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Assist the branch managers by responding directly to their queries or referring them to the appropriate subject matter expertise.
- Ensure that the Branch Operations Manuals are updated accordingly by the various Regional Processing Centres and to engage various subject matter expertise to review the manuals pertaining to their areas of work.
- Conduct and organize training sessions that will benefit the operations managers.
- Provide oversight & guidance at Head Office on group projects involving Overseas Branches, ensuring necessary engagement and follow through by project teams and overseas branches on project rollout and implementation matters.
- Constantly review ways to improve monitoring, facilitate issue identification and escalation and deliver better value to both Overseas branches and Head Office Stakeholders.
- A minimum of 10 years of banking operations/audit exposure. Familiarity with Cash Management, Payments and AML related matter would be an advantage.
- A strong investigative mindset and the ability to understand process details and system functionalities.
- Ability to travel for at least 6 times a year for a duration of a week for each trip.
- Has excellent leadership qualities and is able to engage senior stakeholders.
- Fundamental understanding of PC, LAN, network connections, BCP, information security in order to act as facilitators for branches with technology on systems/infrastructure/access/security matters and support
- Familiar with project management lifecycle to guide overseas branches and engage HO parties at various stages of project implementation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-orientated environment.
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities with strong interpersonal skills to engage and act as an conduit and collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders.