VP, Financial Information Management - System Production Support, Group Finance
Posting Date: 08-Sep-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department Financial Information Management
under Group Finance drives the strategic roadmap for the Bank's financial systems and partners with stakeholders and GTO Technology specialists to deliver solutions to support the growth of UOB. The team is also responsible for system administration, covering regulatory reporting, risk-weighted asset and regulatory capital, financial accounting, financial reporting, performance management, budget and forecast systems. Job Responsibilities
FIM System Production Support works across Group Finance to understand the business objectives, requirements and processes of the various Finance stakeholders and provide end-user maintenance of our Finance systems and related processes.
The candidate will be part of Financial Information Management (FIM) within Group Finance under the System Production Support organization structure.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ensure timely and accurate service delivery in accordance with Service Level Agreement
- Understand system set up implications due to changes in requirements or new products, and updates the necessary system configuration and procedure.
- Review and ensure operational problems, issues and queries are resolved promptly and satisfactorily
- Review and ensure SOPs are updated and comply with procedures
- Identify areas of improvements for implementations
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and work closely with IT and relevant stakeholders to support implementation including performing User Acceptance Testing
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Accounting / Finance/ Business or its equivalent professional certificates
- At least 8-10 years demonstrated experience in banking industry and conversant with current accounting policies and banking regulations
- Have a good understanding of technology and operational needs of one or more of the following subject areas:
- Financial accounting
- Financial reporting
- Performance management
- Regulatory reporting related to Finance and Risk within a banking environment
- Aptitude for system related work, good knowledge of project planning and implementation including requirement gathering, system testing and system end-user maintenance
- Proven business analysis skills, including developing business / functional requirement, user test strategy and test scripts
- Strong capability in process control and operational risk management
- Experience in SQL, MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong skills on data analysis via tools such as OBIEE, Power BI or Qlik Sense
- Experience or knowledge in Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.