Directly reporting into the COO APAC and with a dotted line reporting into the regional and corporate CFOs, this VP Finance APAC will be leading the group’s aggressive expansion in Asia Pacific.
In this newly created position, the VP Finance APAC will be pioneering the set-up of the APAC HQ (Holding Company) in Singapore, as well as managing the various entities in APAC. Bridging of corporate / group initiatives, establishing a lean and high caliber Finance team in order to continue achieving on the vision and growth strategies for APAC, will be expected.
A proven leader with some Due Diligence and Mergers & Acquisitions experience, this VP Finance APAC will be driving finance strategy and supporting with the growth of new businesses in the region. Managing of different entities and investments, supporting with new investments, and following up with JV partners will be primary responsibilities.
Managing of 10 entities across Asia will be required – including allocation of costs for the holding company, payroll related matters, and cash management across the region.
• Manage all finance processes for Asia-Pacific, including all inter-company transactions, accruals, and reconciliations for the various entities and JVs in Asia Pacific. Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly accounts for submission to US for consolidation purposes
• Cash management
• Leadership of a lean 3 – 5 pax Finance team in the region
• Oversee settlements across the region and consolidate P&Ls from partnerships
• Develop and maintain appropriate processes and controls to ensure all legislative, regulatory and accounting requirements are met
• Interface with senior colleagues in US and external advisors on various local tax and accounting compliance requirements in Asia Pacific
• Raising awareness across the region of financial risk management, internal control and financial policies, procedures and practices
• Manage the statutory compliance requirements for the Asia-Pacific subsidiaries, branches and representative offices in the region
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans for Asia Pacific
• Provide support and analysis to COO - including Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Internal Audit and Treasury
• Managing third party relationships including accounting firms, lawyers and auditors - taking responsibility for any follow-up issues and recommendations
• Report and review all Inter-Company activity related to both regional and global spending and reconcile with intercompany partners
• Manage local requirements whilst considering the parent company’s policies and procedures
• Business partnering - providing value added commercial finance support across all functions
• Degree in Accountancy / Finance, and CPA / CA. MBA highly advantageous
• 10+ years of relevant financial experience with multi-national companies, preferably US headquartered
• At least 12 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial operations management experience, plus 3-4 years in a Big 4 firm, plus demonstrable experience with M&A and Due Diligence
• Strong preference for experienced leaders in Media / Broadcasting, Entertainment, Real Estate or Hotel industries
• Advanced experience in accounting management systems and Excel (advanced financial modeling skills), with experience in JDE preferred
• Mandarin language capabilities will be preferred given the need to manage the China team
• Experienced with US GAAP and local statutory reporting in a rapidly growing, multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional environment
• Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and demands while meeting critical deadlines
• Results-Oriented with strong sense of urgency and motivation
• Must be highly motivated individual with a ‘hands on’ approach and able to operate independently and with minimal supervision
• Strong commercial/business partner, who has the ability to develop and strengthen the relationship between finance and the other business units
• Must be able to work with others remotely and yet, be able to make things happen
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg or contact Claire Chua at +65 6950 0381 for more information.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933
Charterhouse was formed in 2003 in Australia and it has established itself as a reputed recruitment specialist in its industry. With footprints in Asia, Australasia and the Middle East, we offer professional and bespoke contingency and retained search services across a variety of industrial sectors.
For more information on how we can help you, give us a call for a confidential discussion at (65) 6435 5600.