VP, Development Manager (Mainframe), Cards Compliance, Cards Technology, Group Banking Technology
Posting Date: 06-Jun-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The Development Manager is responsible for leading a team of System Analysts and Developers, managing the system development, implementation and support of Cards-related applications on the Mainframe platform with overall accountability
- Be responsible for end-to-end software development and support. This includes pre-project initiation, impact analysis, functional specifications to development, implementation, testing and support.
- Be responsible for the understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide consultation on solution and technology.
- Manage / lead a team of System Analyst and Developers to implement solution that meet business requirements and are in alignment with organization's business objectives.
- Manage the application setup and deployment components
- Manage development issues and escalations
- Work with vendor to ensure product deliveries are timely and good quality.
- Manage budget coming from different projects.
- Be a hands-on manager to guide team on functional and technical issues
- Ensure project documentation is done up in accordance to bank standards
- Upkeep of system to ensure compliance of payment associations' mandates
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 12 years of experience in application development and maintenance with full software development life cycle experience
- Hands-on experience on cards application domain on a Mainframe platform.
- Significant domain knowledge in Cards and Payments.
- Strong delivery and project management experience in implementing large scale, highly available applications for the financial services/banking sector
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Highly effective in communicating with technical stakeholders, proficient communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Good problem solving, analytical, synthesis, system thinking and solutioning skills
- Fast Learner, enjoy analytical work with attention to details and proactive in providing solutions
- Experience in leading Cards Compliance delivery
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.