VP, Development Lead, API, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
VP, Development Lead, API, GTOAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Work with a team of subject matter experts business analysts, architects and software developers to deliver projects and change requests. Provide solutions, cost estimates, functional and design specifications
- Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish best or alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Drive consistency in solution design and delivery across applications and development teams
- Manage delivery of initiatives - projects and change request. Responsible for planning, manage vendor and in-house development, solutioning, implementing and maintaining software applications systems.
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank's commitments
- Work with Test manager to formulate comprehensive system test plan aligned with project scope/Change request, quality requirements and targets
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Serve as domain architect to implement Enterprise Web API and Integration Service Governance and Data Modelling for the Bank with full capability /accountability for architecture deliverables (process, information, technology etc.) from concept to implementation
- Own and lead architecture definition and road map in Web API, Enterprise Integration and Service Architecture, preferably in the Banking domain
- Understand the strategy, needs of business units and assist in the development of technology roadmaps.
- Communicate and influence key elements of one or more technology architectures to technical and business audiences
- Provide consultation and issue resolution services to IT colleagues for one or more technology architectures, consulting with other architecture leaders as required.
- Contributes in group strategic initiatives and decision making at a group level including product architectures and roadmaps
- Interface with senior stakeholders including other group architects to drive architectural directions
- Development of relevant architectural standards & high level design principles
- Spearheads various key technology initiatives like standard definition, frameworks, architecture blueprints
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology synergies to save costs and improve efficiencies
- Seek and exploit business adjacencies through addressing the technology needs
- Initiate innovative application of technology to capture new business value
- Remaining current on leading trends in designated architecture areas and IT in general.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience and deep technical skills in the following technologies:
- Axway API Manager, API Gateway
- Security (SSL, JWT, JKS, OAuth, SAML, Threat Protection, Cryptography, WS-Security)
- Mashups for all types of interactions (Stateless, Session-Based or Persistent State).
- Middleware (Web Proxy, MQ, Connect Direct)
- Application (Spring, Camel, JBoss application server)
- Infrastructure (Linux, databases)
- Experience in Integration Architecture and Service Lifecycle, covering Service Definition, Service Implementation and Testing, Service Publication, Service Consumption and Operational Metrics
- Minimum 5 years of working experience working with LUW (Linux, UNIX systems / Wintel) platforms; knowledge with AS400 stack is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving multiple technologies
- Experience in managing vendor project implementations
- Extensive exposure with project SDLC methodology - initiation, planning, tracking, requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation on open system
- Keep abreast of technology trends in application development
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills. Must be attentive to details.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- A strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing
- Resolving and influencing the positive outcome of conflicting objectives and priorities
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.