With IT security requirements increasing in the APAC region, My client from the financial services industry has established a central Security Operation Center (SOC) and Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (CSIRT) to drive cybersecurity monitoring (SOC) and incident response (CSIRT) for the region responding to
each country's regulation proactively.
The successful candidate will proactively seek out weaknesses and stealthy attackers, conduct vulnerability assessments and deal with results. He/she will also remediate severe incidents to assess the impact and affected systems’ scope and collect data for further analysis.
We are looking at senior engineers who have expertise in setting up new SOC teams and processes. Responsibilities
- Conduct proactive hunting and analysis against the dataset (e.g. alerts, logs etc.) and reverse engineering as needed to support Security Operation Centre (SOC) investigations and proactive threat detection and prevention.
- Monitor and perform more in-depth analysis, trending, and root cause analysis of security events/ incidents while creating and maintaining processes and procedures.
- Perform advanced research on threats, vulnerabilities and potential threat vectors and work with multi-disciplines to improve prevention and detection methods.
- Generate documentation of research and analysis results, and relay processes and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support or lead projects to improve SOC effectiveness, advancing technical capabilities on pace with the latest threats.
- Support and integrate with incident response, threat intelligence, and overall security strategy as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent with min. 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge in networking / major internet protocols and security concepts
- 3 years of malware analysis and reverse engineering experience and two years of experience performing log analysis and forensic analysis to support incident response or forensics
- Familiar with SOC processes
- Hands-on experience in SIEM and intrusion detection analysis as well as application layer protocols.
- Expert execution of investigative concepts for escalated incidents to determine the impact and root cause
- Strong foundation in security threat and attack countermeasure
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced understanding of various operating systems and web technologies with professional security certifications would be a plus.
- A meticulous team player who is flexible and has proactive and positive attitude
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Reg No.: R1767372
BeathChapman Pte Ltd
EA Licence: 16S8112
Ethos BeathChapman (EBC) is a global group of executive recruitment experts in Australia, Asia and EMEA, with a broader network beyond. We connect exceptional people to exceptional companies.
Our multidisciplinary expertise covers corporate and specialised functions across Financial Services, Technology, Fintech, Legal, Accounting, Risk and Compliance recruitment markets, among others.
Established 2005 in Sydney, EBC’s mid-sized agility and solutions-focused approach enables us to flex where traditional search consultancies have failed, and scale beyond the reach of boutiques, in designing highly flexible solutions that address the client’s unique needs.
Today, we have six offices worldwide in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Netherlands and the UK. EBC is part of the Nikkei-listed Will Group, Inc. We also own Quay Appointments and CONNECT, the staffing and managed solutions specialists.
Let’s connect, and make exceptional happen, together: www.ethosbc.com
MOM licence no. 16S8112 | Reg No. R1220502