VP, Credit & International Branches, Group Audit
Business Function Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group's risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company's internal controls. Our internal Group Audit team is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function designed to add value to and evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. This role encompasses dealing with teams across the DBS network with the IBG & RMG credit risk teams and works closely with the GTS & Credit Risk audit teams. This role also works closely with the MD and other Functional Audit Heads on the specific relevant projects Responsibilities
- Conduct credit process audits of Corporate Banking, Private Banking and audit of the full suite of branch activities for International Branches
- Plan and coordinate the entire end-to-end audits, including working closely with the Credit Risk Review & GTS audit teams to ensure thorough end to end audits. Link in the reviews with specific aspects of trade finance, particularly structured trade & treasury and markets
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls
- Develop appropriate tests to be conducted regionally and ascertain the level of testing of controls required. Develop rule-based analytics to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of planning and testing
- Escalate issues appropriately and timely. Ensure concise and clear audit findings and reports are presented on a timely basis.
- Complete audits effectively and within established timelines
- Perform continuous monitoring and auditing of the business and support units to keep abreast of the development of the units and identify any areas of concerns.
- Support the Team Manager in the preparation of the quarterly updates to Audit Committee
- look into cross border aspects of the IBG business including marketing, regulatory, finance, regional systems & processes
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Degree qualification, with minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant auditing / credit control / accounting / credit risk management experience
- Strong understanding of credit processes, credit risk management practices and controls in the financial services industry
- Ability to work effectively with multiple priorities and to determine the most appropriate solution based on organisational and stakeholder needs
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and teammates
- Self-motivated, take initiatives and demonstrate the ability to work independently or as team lead or member of the audit team
- Excellent oral and written articulation, negotiation and presentation skills
- Reasonable knowledge of Credit Control, T& O and GTS will be helpful
- Able to travel