VP, Credit Risk Management - Investment and Corporate Banking
- Aug 31, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Corporate and Investment Banking services. They are one of the well-recognised tier one houses.
The Singapore team is looking for a VP to join their Investment Banking Credit team which sits under the wider Credit Risk Management department, supporting the APAC business. Reporting to the team lead, you are expected to be the credit specialist, looking after predominantly the corporate portfolio.
Role and responsibilities
- Perform fundamental credit risk analysis on corporates, banks and funds across Asia Pacific; assigning internal credit ratings on counterparties based mainly in Asia Pacific.
- Prepare and present credit risk analysis and assessment in written format.
- Cashflow modelling
- Communicate the rating rationale and risk appetite to internal partners.
- Present the entire credit request to senior management for approval.
- Negotiate with the deal team on transactions.
- Monitor market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments; assess their impact on credit quality of counterparties.
- Liaise with Credit Risk Control and Risk Analytics and Reporting departments to ensure that the exposures are adequately reflected in the risk systems.
- Work with and providing support to senior credit officers on transactions (where required).
- Perform general portfolio monitoring (including quarterly reviews for leveraged finance transactions).
- Provide support for various CRM department activities such as Portfolio and Risk Reporting, Watchlist Process, Early Warning Indicators, News sharing, Industry research, etc.
- Regularly update various portfolio reports and internal reporting in relation to counterparties within the portfolio.
- Liaise with Credit Risk Review, internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with Legal department to ensure identified risks are adequately addressed in the legal documentation and setting credit terms in the legal documentation (ISDA, Facility Agreements, etc.)
- University degree holder, preferably in accounting, finance or business.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience as a credit risk manager covering large corporates, real estate, leveraged lending transactions.
- Outstanding financial accounting and cashflow / financial modelling skills.
- Outstanding negotiation, presentation, writing and analytical skills.
- High work ethics, conduct, result oriented, dedicated, and ability to handle pressure
- Outstanding team-player. The team has a reputation of being a world-class provider of analysis and upholding these high standards individually and as a team will be given the highest priority.
- MBA (from Tier 1 institutes) or professional qualifications such as CFA and CPA.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932