This role is within the Asia Compliance Control Room (CCR) which forms part of the Compliance Standards and Controls Department in the Asian Compliance Office (ACO). The successful candidate will be working with the Asia CCR Team on CCR core missions: helping managing personal and transactional conflicts of interests and implementing information controls.
The Asia CCR Team works with more than 15 countries in the region and is part of the Global CCR team, as there are 3 other CCRs at MUFG Bank: London, NYC and Tokyo.
This role is ideal for someone looking to grow into a core compliance role, build their understanding of the Bank’s businesses and work in an international environment.
Assist the Asia CCR team in:
- Advising the businesses and countries supported by the Asia CCR team on CCR SME topics (Subject Matter Expert): Conflicts of interest, MNPI (Material Non Public Information) management, Personal Account Dealing (PAD) and Outside Business Interests (OBI)
- Conducting global conflict checks and ensuring potential conflicting transactions are appropriately escalated and managed
- Information controls-related activities, such as insider registers management, PAD and OBI pre-clearances
- Cooperating with other ACO stakeholders, such as Advisory, Policy and Central Compliance teams, as well as delivering training, regional MI and risk assessments related to CCR SME topics
- Constantly streamlining Asia CCR operational processes and improving the systems and databases the Team uses
- Staying abreast of developments, such as publicly available transactions and changes in the regulatory environment, which may be useful for day-to-day conflict management activities
- Supporting general compliance activities and other duties, including special projects as assigned. In particular, the new joiner will have the opportunity to help the Team implement the International Compliance Control Room Enhancement Programme
- Experience within a Compliance Control Room preferred, though experience in a business-facing function will be considered
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to solve problems pragmatically
- Meticulous, analytical and independent self-starter with proven ability to work and collaborate within teams and deliver on time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Management/Finance or Business Law is preferred
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.