- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 19 Nov 17
VP, Compliance - Premier Private Client
VP, Compliance - Premier Private ClientRoles & Responsibilities:
The candidate will be the key person responsible for managing & overseeing compliance related matters for Premier Banking -Private Client (Onshore & Offshore).
You will provide leadership, guidance and advisory support to senior leaders, business managers, relationship managers and relevant stakeholders to ensure best practices are adopted and adhered to.
The role includes the following key responsibilities:
- Acts as facilitator and collaborates with all business partners for all matters pertaining to Premier Private Client (PPC) including working closely with Operational Risk Management Unit and Regulatory Compliance Unit for all risk and regulatory related matters.
- Achieve pass for internal/external audits and ensure no significant breach of internal & external policies. Ensure robust management of operational risks.
- Work closely with the respective supervisors (Cluster Managers, Premier Centre Managers & Customer Service Managers) to ensure no high risk findings on fair dealing, AML & Ops related outcome for customers. This includes working towards zero defects for all documentation and processes transacted at Premier Banking Offshore.
- Ensure compliance in processes (AML, CDD/ECDD, Banking Secrecy, PDPA, FATCA, etc). This includes designing and improving the compliance & ops risk framework to ensure robust operational risk management and implementation.
- Being the point of contact for escalation of any exceptional or overdue items.
- General support of PPC and point of escalation for exceptional or overdue items
- Preparation of monthly operation report to HOD and ORMC
- High Risk customer reporting to RCU and Fair Dealing Report
- Constant awareness of regulatory environment and the country each market segment operates in (Cross-border marketing guidelines).
- Create and/or increase the level of operational risk and compliance awareness in the department.
- Work together with Department Head, OBMs, OPMs, to continue to streamline the work flow process within the department and ensure robust compliance procedures.
- Keep abreast of all developments on AML, regulatory requirements or operational risk management.
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to adopt best industry practices.
- Degree/Diploma with minimum 6 years of broad based experience in premier banking/private banking compliance and/or Audit.
- Strong knowledge of regulations governing the Premier Banking & Private Banking business and products.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and legal framework for serving HNW customers, especially in the areas of KYC/ AML, cross-border marketing guidelines.
- Possess excellent knowledge of wealth management products and processes, credit products/documentation, settlement and operational processes.
- Good leadership & strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team and able to analyse issues independently.
- Strong written and oral communication.