VP, Channels Production Support Level 2 Team Lead, Wholesale, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
VP, Channels Production Support Level 2 Team Lead, Wholesale, GTOAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Technical Application Support Lead
Coordinate 1 st class L2 application support for regional Wholesale (Online + Host To Host) and Mobile Banking Channel applications.
Successful candidate will be currently operating in a L2 or L3 Support Lead role, preferably with previous Development or System Administration (Linux, Unix, Oracle) experience.
This role is supporting UOB's regional Wholesale (Online + Host To Host + Mobile Banking) Channel applications. The successful candidate will be currently operating in a L2 or L3 Support Lead role, preferably with previous Development or System Administration (Linux, Unix, Oracle) experience. Responsibilities include:
- Team Lead of Level 2 Application Support Analysts
- Lead by example in high pressure situations
- Ability to correlate events across multiple systems to proactively surface and resolve deep underlying issues
- Lead cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Strong track record of improving capabilities of an organization through leadership
- Performance analysis and fine tuning of real time payment systems
- Assess operational readiness of new products / applications / flows
- Manage communication for Incidents (SLA breaches, Application Major Incidents, Logistics issue) and responsible for communications within team, manager and department
- Execute continuous service improvement plan, process improvement
- Build relationships, obtain buy in for proposed changes
- Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand
- Contribute in effective knowledge management best practices within team and organization
- Drive non-functional requirements into change process
Must have :-
- Strong team player. Flexible and able to coordinate team effectively both in and outside of office hours.
- Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong L2 / L3 support experience in a Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment.
- Strong understanding of ITIL methodology, ideally to Intermediate or Expert Level
- Distributed Technologies - Unix/Linux, MQ, Weblogic, Java, Oracle, connect-direct
- Automation - Python, Shell Scripting
- Strong understand of web application architectures and protocols
- 5+ years' experience supporting or developing internet banking, wholesale payment, or mobile banking applications
- Software Engineering & Change Management
- Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
- Interfaces and Messaging systems
- Ability to foster a proactive team environment focused on technical remediation of Production Environments
- Strong desire to develop and retain key talent, able to demonstrate creative Performance Management techniques
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Strong problem solving skills while being process orientated
- Self-motivating and delivery focused individual
- Ability to understand the big picture - can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
- Proven ability to communicate and develop long lasting relationships with all levels of Management in a clear, concise manner
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.