VP, Capacity Management (BMC), GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 16 Jan 18
VP, Capacity Management (BMC), GTODescription
The Capacity Manager will be part of the team responsible to ensure that IT Resource Capacity for systems hosted in Singapore. You will measure, report and ensure that there is adequate infrastructure resource such as CPU, Memory and Storage capacity for Mainframe, AS400, Unix and Wintel platforms in the bank. You will also provide guidance and advisory to Capacity Managers in Overseas Subsidiaries.
- Provides leadership in IT infrastructure Capacity Management to meet the regional business requirements of the Bank.
- Defines and execute capacity models, plans and projects to ensure that IT infrastructure capacity is optimized and matched to the evolving agreed needs of the business.
- Responsible for the Capacity Review and Reporting, which reflects the current and future needs of the business. Project/Forecast future capacity requirements based on business plans, usage trends, sizing of new services, etc.
- To provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on capacity and performance related issues.
- To ensure that service performance meets or exceed agreed targets, by ensuring adequate capacity and appropriate level of monitoring of system performance are set.
- Strategic planning of changes on the Capacity Plan and the performance and capacity of services. Perform capacity impact of new service.
- To ensure that proactive measures to improve the performance of services are implemented whenever it is cost justifiable to do so.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. At least 10 years of IT experience of which at least 5 years experience in similar capacity / performance management role, ideally in a financial institution.
- Experience with BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimisation would be preferred.
- Good understanding or experience in supporting multiple platforms (Mainframe, AS400, Unix, Windows, Linux).
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in developing strategic roadmaps.
- Possesses good communication skills and strategic thinking
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- A leader with the ability to drive for results and the passion for excellence
- A strategic thinker who has the organizational agility to handle ambiguity and yet able to focus and set strategic direction for the team
- With the ability to look at issues from multiple angles, the candidate should be able to appreciate diverse perspectives and complexity and ambiguity in management and strategic decisions
- Possess the mental capacity and energy to sustain through difficulties and challenges; and the courage to raise issues and manage conflicts
- Ability to handle diverse and multiple projects concurrently across the region
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and large teams
- Self directed, self motivated with the ability to take ownership for business unit goals, he/she should make sound decisions in a timely manner, use good judgment and keep initiatives moving
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills and with effective presentation skills