VP, Business & Capital Regulatory Support, Treasury & Markets, Group Finance
The Strategy Support & Regulatory Development Group is a unit within Group Finance that is responsible for all financial and regulatory support relating to Treasury & Markets (T&M) businesses across the region within the Bank. This includes supporting T&M business strategies in areas relating to regulatory, accounting and valuation, as well as monitoring market developments in these landscapes and assessing the impact of changes on T&M. Responsibilities
- Monitor developments in the regulatory landscape including Basel 4 regulatory capital rules and assess impact and readiness on T&M business
- Partner with business and facilitate discussions with Front Office and various stakeholders on Returns on Active Equity (ROAE) and Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA) efficiency, as well as upcoming market changes and their impact
- Perform drill downs on ROAE and RWA for T&M sales & trading desks/locations, explain the drivers of capital usage as well as maximise returns for the business
- Support T&M on pre & post significant deal ROAE calculations and work with respective teams to roll out automated ROAE calculators
- Support T&M on capital treatment and returns computation of new products, strategies, as well as business initiatives such as crypto and carbon trading etc.
- Support team on data gathering, conceptualising, planning, delivering and communicating strategies to businesses in the following areas:
- T&M financials and capital management by desks / locations
- Low ROAE reporting to T&M desks / locations
- ROAE by desk / locations under current & future rules Requirements
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in a similar function. Some managerial / supervisory role and / or prior experience with related consulting / advisory role is a plus.
- Experience in creative thinking, problem solving, strategy formulation, as well as familiarity with data analytics and visualisation tools will be advantageous
- Understanding of treasury markets and derivative products
- Understanding of regulatory capital rules as well as familiarity with RWA computations and drivers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with control mind-set and positive work attitude
- Nimble, able to work under pressure and interested in developing a career in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.