VP, Business Intelligence/Data Modeler, Big Data Analytics Group, Data Management Office
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 12 Dec 17
VP, Business Intelligence/Data Modeler, Big Data Analytics Group, Data Management OfficeThe Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Big Data Analytics Group (BDAG) leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities across the organization. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams as a subject matter expert to deliver new Big Data and Machine Learning solutions for our business partners.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Manage, build and deliver analytical solutions including data models to help the business leverage internal and external data assets for strategic decision making
- Partner with data scientists and other business intelligence developers in implementing solutions to address the analytics needs of the group.
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management in understanding data trends, patterns and insights on our customers and business operations.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program by applying data modelling capabilities to design, build, and scale our data assets in accordance with our business priorities.
- Drive innovation initiatives under CDO guidance and directives.
- Degree in computing or science discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, IT)
- Possess a selection of skills and experience with
- Unix/Linux system and scripting (e.g. Shell script, etc.)
- Big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Kafka, etc.)
- Enterprise database and data warehouse technologies (e.g. SQL on Teradata, Oracle, etc.)
- Data extraction, loading and transformation technologies and tools
- Analytics tools and languages (e.g. R, SAS, Python, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Advanced experience in data modelling in Tableau, Power BI and/or Qlik
- Experience in Analytics/Business Intelligence functions in banking/financial services industry is desirable
- Experience working in an agile environment using agile tools and practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment