VP, Business Intelligence/Data Analyst, UOBAM
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 21 Nov 17
VP, Business Intelligence/Data Analyst, UOBAMUOB Asset Management Ltd (UOBAM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Overseas Bank Limited. Established in 1986, UOBAM has been managing collective investment schemes and discretionary funds in Singapore for more than 30 years. We currently manage 59 unit trusts in Singapore and are one of the largest unit trust managers in terms of assets under management. UOBAM also offers Asian alternative investment products and services through its subsidiary, UOB Alternative Investment Management. As a leading Asian asset manager, UOBAM has an extensive presence in Asia with regional business and investment offices in Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei, Taiwan and Japan. We have two joint ventures: Ping-An UOB Fund Management Company (China) and UOB-SM Asset Management Pte Ltd (Singapore). In addition, we forged strategic partnerships with UTI International (India) and Wellington Management Singapore. UOBAM is one of the most awarded fund houses in Singapore, with a total of 166 awards since 1986.
Our mission in UOBAM is to provide a broad and comprehensive selection of investment capabilities and solutions to our customers as well as to support UOB Group through our products and solutions. We partner Group Retail and Group Wholesale Banking to offer investment products as part of a suite of financial services to their customers. Putting our customers at the heart of all we do guides us to continue striving towards our long-term vision - to be a top tier Asian asset manager in the Asia Pacific region.
In this role you will aim to deliver new insights and bring analytical practices to life through data visualisation, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision making process of the business.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
• Manage, build and deliver analytical solutions including dashboards to help the business leverage internal and external data assets for strategic decision making
• Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management in understanding data trends, patterns and insights on our customers and business operations
• Support portfolio management with in-depth analysis of key segments and business drivers
• Analyse data for portfolio managers to assist in the formulation of recommendations to deliver results against profitability and growth targets
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program and Big Data Program to develop the Analytics Capabilities and drive the Change Management agenda within Asset Management
• Degree in computing or science discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, IT)
• Minimum 5 years working experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence functions
• Knowledge of SQL, Data Warehousing, Big Data ecosystem and Data Modelling with experience in Python a strong plus
• Candidates with in depth knowledge of Asset Management and the overall industry are encourages to apply
• Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
• Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
• Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment