VP, Banca Product Manager, Business Banking
Posting Date: 06-Oct-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to theirneeds. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
We develop integrated products and services targeted at helping small and medium-sized enterprises across the region progress through different stages of growth. These include innovative solutions and initiatives in areas ofworking capital loans, operational efficiency and currency exposure. Job Responsibilities
- Maximizing the competitive advantage of the Bank's business insurance portfolio
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders including Sales, Credit, Risk Management, Portfolio Analytics, Legal & Compliance teams to drive sustainanble growth for the portfolio.
- Working closely with insurance partners to develop or enhance off-the-shelf or bespoke Bancassurance solutions based on customers' need and suitability.
- Oversee and ensure smooth implementation of product launches and marketing campaigns, including product content review, training, marketing and sales related materials.
- Keeping abreast of the industry related matters to ensure the segment remains competitive while adhering to the Group and industry regulations.
- Management of Bancassurance solution suite for business segment, including Universal Life, Single Premium Whole Life, Annuity, Term, General Insurance and Group Employee Benefits Insurance.
- Ensure quality of sales advisory.
- Preparation of reports, recommending measures to improve processes & controls relating to business insurance.
- Regular review of risk controls & supporting internal compliance testing activities.
- Provide training to new hires to increase the competency of the segment.
- Support the delivery of operational and transformation project.
- Track and review business activities, budgets and campaigns.
- Maintenance and review of insurance documentation including fact find documents.
- Maintenance and facilitating of smooth end to end sales process from pre-sales to post-sales servicing between different business units. Job Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Bancassurance business.
- Sales background to Corporates/SMEs will be an advantage.
- Prior experience with developing and launching digital products highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.