VP/ Assistant VP, Developer, Data Engineer
Posting Date: 08-Feb-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for Data Lake framework enhancement using Java, Scala and Informatica BDM 10.2.2 or higher
• Responsible for reviewing and understanding requirements and translating them into high-level and low-level design documentation and develop the framework using metadata driven approach
• Responsible for development of job schedules that integrate the upstream and downstream systems (e.g. Control-M)
• Responsible for unit testing, debugging, and performance testing, with key focus on data accuracy and integrity using automated testing tool
• Accountable for on-time delivery of all documentation, design, build, testing, and deployment according to the work breakdown structures
• Work with production support teams as required to support production activities, including production migrations, continuity testing, environment migration activities
• Escalate critical technical issues and potential problems as needed to the Project Manager to address any related issues in advance of deadlines Job Requirements
• Should be independent, quick learner and team player
• Able to work independently with minimum guidance
• Have good communication skills (to work with various levels)
• Minimum 5 years or above with the relevant experience
• Prior experience in developing banking application using ETL, Hadoop and Teradata is mandatory. In depth knowledge of technology stack at global banks is mandatory.
• Flexibility to stretch and take challenges
• Communication & Interpersonal skills
• Attitude to learn and execute"
• Should have good knowledge and working experience in Database Teradata(SQL, BTEQ scripting) and Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Kudu).
• It will be good to have experience in working with No SQL as well as virtualized Database Environment"
• Should have good knowledge and working experience in Development tools (Spark, Python, Scala, Java, J2EE, R)
• Should have working knowledge how BI tools integrate with Data Mart and Data Lake using BI tools (Qlik Sense, Power BI)
• Should have good knowledge and working experience in scripting using (Shell script, awk programming, quick automation to integrating any third party tools), BMC monitoring tools
• Should have good knowledge and implementation experience in using CI:CD tools (Bitbucket, Github), quick automation to integrating with any third party tools for automated deployment
• Good understanding in Hadoop, In memory, No SQL
• Good understanding and knowledge in Data Modeling area using industry standard data model (FSLDM)
• Good understanding in automated testing using industry standard testing tool Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.