VP - Engineering Technical Lead, FullStack Developer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Job Purpose Niche engineering team comprising of architects, designers, development engineers and automation engineers. The team will be responsible for re-engineering next-gen banking products in Cards and Unsecured Loans (UL) segment. Collectively the team should be able to Design and Develop products by collaborating with Business Systems Analysts (also part of the team), selecting the best technology and architecture for the problem at hand. We are looking for problem solvers who apply best engineering practices to software development and own the outcome.
- New stack developer responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Ensure team develops well designed, efficient and testable code
- Banking business domain; an added advantage, especially CC and UL
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design artefacts.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Responsible for the change in delivery and deployment strategy for all applications to a total replacement for applications at the end of their technology or functionality lifecycle.
- Provide technical input during the business development life cycle.
- Participate in experimentation to assess new solution/application paths.
- Identify challenges to help the development of formalized solution methodologies.
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborate to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution/application plan, and serve as a lead as required, to implement the installation, customization, and integration efforts.
- Actively contribute to the quality assurance for services within the solution/application area.
- Willing to research and innovate on various data requirements (Transformation/Processing)
- Well versed with hands-on development, design using SOA/Microservices
- Proven experience in design and development of APIs using API Gateways including Gateway deployment, configuration, policy development, migration, debugging and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Web API, REST, XML, JSON, Security (such as OAuth, OpenID Connect)
- Ability to work with Linux OS to deploy and configure AXWAY gateway and other components
- Optional - Hands-on design and development experience in TIBCO suite of BW, BPM, BE, EMS, Hawk, and Adapters etc.
- Cloud based Development (PCF/AWS)
- Experienced in CI/CD
- Solid software engineering experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Java and SQL skills (MariaDB)
- Excellent written and verbal reasoning and communication skills
- Ability to lead technical solutions end to end
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.