We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance (ISPVMF) Department leverages data and emerging technology to provide investment services and financial management on Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Cross-Strategy investments, strategically and tactically. The department oversee the development and implementation of business infrastructural plans and operating models needed to scale GIC's investments in the alternative asset classes globally. The department is responsible for deal structuring, due diligence and closing, financial operations across GIC's Private Equity, Infrastructure, and Real Estate assets, as well as tax structuring, corporate holding structures, valuations and financial reporting. The department also oversees the GIC Group's revenues and expenditures.
The Investment Services, Real Estate Portfolio Operations team plays a vital role to provide investment and asset management support to Real Estate investments spanning over 40 countries. We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, and technically competent individual with an interest in real estate asset management to join us as a Vice President/Senior Vice President. Responsibilities
Drive the execution of Investment Services' asset management service strategy for the Real Estate portfolio.
- Develop data-driven asset management platform to service investments in properties, platforms, JVs and operating companies through effective data analysis capabilities. These include asset and sector level analysis which provides good insight into the portfolio dynamics
- Coordination and management of annual strategic asset planning process for the real estate portfolio and other investment lifecycle processes
- Operational metric and analytics to enable oversight over platform and Operating Company investments e.g. fee/expense leakages,
- Develop partner/operators management framework and scorecards
- Tighten financial oversight over cash and property budgets
- Strengthen control via board seat, office bearers/directorship etc.
- Minimum 12 years relevant work experience
- Strong real estate asset management knowledge, including direct, indirect and debt transactions
- University degree in relevant field (business, accounting, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics )
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize ideas, formulate tactical plans, and execute
- Strong in process evaluation and re-engineering
- Self-starter who is keen to learn and with strong learning agility
- Strong leadership capability, with track record of coaching a team for performance excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Exposure to visualization tools such as Tableau will be an advantage
- A good understanding of the commercial, governance and legal terms of real estate deal documents would be an advantage