Global Transaction Banking Department Asia Oceania Office - Commodity & Structured Trade Finance
Overview of Division/Department
Our Global Transaction Banking Department (GTBD) is responsible for promoting global transaction business by providing cash & trade solutions to customers in Asia Pacific and Oceania region including Japan. The division undertakes promotion activities such as business planning, marketing, sales, development and training in the region mainly to Japanese & non-Japanese customers, branch staff, government agencies, banks and IT vendors. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities Develop and deliver sales strategy and secure strategic internal support from stakeholders, in conjunction with the Head of Commodity Trade Sales and Relationship Manager to identify and satisfy customer needs and to achieve revenue and asset growth/asset quality targets. Meeting Group risk and profitability requirements and deliver targeted growth in Trade Finance. Proactively manage trade relationships within the portfolio of existing and agreed target clients in order to develop structure and review proposals that meet customer requirements. Recognize opportunities to develop further income and economic profit, recommending and implementing the appropriate solutions. Identify, attract and maintain relationships with relevant client especially in the Commodity space.
- To work with Relationship Managers to promote trade finance business to customers in the commodity sectors such as the Oil & Gas, Metals & Minerals, and the Agricultural industries.
- To analyze and understand customer's needs and recommend appropriate Transaction Banking solutions to such customer's needs.
- To ensure a constant stream of business flows with existing customers.
- To pursue new lines of business and product flows from existing customers
- To seek and onboard new customers together with Relationship Managers.
- To advise Relationship Managers on all trade finance matters.
- To share and cultivate a knowledge base approach with Relationship Managers and colleagues in CTF team.
- To collaborate with internal sections and other branches of Mizuho to drive business with a global perspective.
- To organize and lead up the sales support client service team.
- To take an active role in providing leadership and motivates team members to work in a cohesive way.
- In-depth understanding of Trade Finance products and sound understanding of the broad range of Transaction Banking products.
- 10 years' experience minimum in either Banking trade finance environment, Commodity trading house, Trade finance department of multinational
- Demonstrable success in Trade Sales and Business Development
- Deep knowledge of risk profile and regulatory treatment of Trade and Supply Chain and associated risk and portfolio management practices
- Preferably to have previous exposure in dealing with senior management and be familiar with requirements in terms of reporting and communication
- Previous exposure to standard trade finance products and had experience with wider trade finance elements such as structured trade finance ("STF")
- Be fully aware of the capabilities and appetite of the bank and branch and work towards maximizing output accordingly
- Excellent track record in trade finance and wider commercial role