VP/SVP, Business Control – Operations Project
- Permanent, Full time
- ALS Recruit , EA Licence No: 16S8075
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Our client is a well and long established international banking Group with over 400 domestic branches and international presence. The Group has competitive advantages including a strong customer base, the quick implementation of strategies, and an extensive lineup of financial products and services. Our client maintains lead positions with many clients in a variety of specialized industries with the corporate bank and capital markets areas.
To lead the offshoring of operations from Asia Pacific Branches.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Define project scope, phases, milestones, timelines, deliverables and ensure successful implementation of the offshoring model within the defined time frame.
- Develop/fine tune the gantt chart of offshore activities and ensure stakeholders' buy-in and engagement as well as ensuring that all stakeholders are up to date on the project progress, status and are moving in tandem.
- Lead and supervise work stream leaders to ensure the projects are on track and deliverables are within acceptable standards.
- Lead the planning of resources to ensure the right number of employees with the right skill sets are deployed in managing the various work streams. This includes handling the cost and capacity analysis to ensure the resource budget submitted is reasonable and acceptable.
- Assess the effectiveness of the offshoring activities to ensure the goal of cost effectiveness and efficiencies are achieved.
- Manage communication with Head Office, IT team, APAC Branches and shared service centre are necessary.
- Lead the diagnosis of gaps, issues and the solutioning as well as resolution in a prompt and effective manner.
Identify improvement opportunities and lessons learnt based on completed project experience and use it for future projects.
To succeed in this role you will require the following demonstrable skills and attributes:
- Minimum 12 years of work experience (preferably some experience in Trade Operations) in global banks, with at least 5 to 7 years in project management.
- Banking industry offshoring experience is necessary
- Experience in Banking Back Office Operation (preferably in Trade Operations)
- Good knowledge of overall Back Office Operations is a plus.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage stakeholders to influence and secure buy-in
- Strong analytical, presentative and problem solving skills
- Team player with strong leadership qualities
- Resulted oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Traveling is required (up to 30%)
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.