We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
VP/SVP, Analyst (FX) Fixed Income (FI)
The Fixed Income department is responsible for managing the fixed income assets of the GIC portfolio and multi-asset strategies. Its universe is global and spans multiple sectors, including global interest rates, currencies, credit, emerging markets, securitized products, convertible bonds, equities and commodities. FI is currently structured into 4 broad functions:
- Portfolio Management (Macro and Credit)
- Research and Strategy (Macro and Credit)
- Systematic Investment Group
- Portfolio Solutions Group
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Macro Research & Strategy team
as a Vice President / Senior Vice President, Analyst (FX) .
This position is based in the Singapore office.
- To conduct deep-dive fundamental research, with specialization in FX.
- To understand the drivers of asset markets and how macro and policy developments affect asset prices.
- To translate macro research into actionable investment ideas and strategies across macro asset classes, especially in fixed income and currencies space.
- To engage portfolio managers and other stakeholders in idea generation and investment strategy formulation.
- To build relationship with the policy-makers and think-tanks.
- At least 5 years' experience in a global macro research, with focus on FX strategy research. Able to exhibit thought leadership in global FX.
- Good knowledge of economic analytical framework and ability to provide macro analysis and trade recommendations.
- Ability to link the dots and understand how macroeconomic and policy developments in one country affect others and drive asset markets.
- Strong research and investment strategy formulation background, including strong technical experience and analytical skills. Proficiency in R programming is helpful.
- Team player and self-driven with ability to anticipate changing market dynamics.
- Proactive in reaching out to stakeholders and portfolio managers. Strong communications skillset, both verbal and written.
- Able to influence and persuade others.