VP/Assistant VP, Digital Governance, UOBAM
Posting Date: 09-Oct-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department UOB Asset Management
is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services. Job Responsibilities
- Establish capability to strengthen the use of self-service digital technologies within UOBAM Group. These included but not limited to AI/ML modelling, RPA scripting, Business Intelligence scripting, Workflow configurations, Business Rules configurations.
- Localize UOB Bank IT framework and policies for use within business.
- Establish a regional digital governance structure for UOBAM, putting in place policies, rules and internal controls of business self-service applications. Controls such as approval process, maker-checker, documentation and self-assessment on control process.
- Lead continuous improvement of the data and digital governance program.
- Keep up to date with the regulatory requirements such as MAS TRM and to update controls to ensure that the firm adheres to the regulatory requirements and cross-country regulations.
- Provides regular trainings to users on appropriate adoption and self-service applications.
- To be able to work cross-functionally with various parties and across regions to ensure effective communication and implementation of data and digital policies
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Computer Science / Finance (or equivalent) with minimum 7-10 years of relevant working experience in Financial industry
- Clear communicator (written, verbal, interpretive) - to ensure ability to write documentation, and communicate with business analysts and developers and stakeholders
- Creative and critical-thinking in problem-solving, and appreciates details with ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Sense of ownership / responsibility with assignments with can-do attitude
- Independent worker with excellent time management and strong organisational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-centric and multi-hatted environment
- Highly proficient with data and digital governance methodologies
- Prior experience in finance industry with exposure to the financial trade lifecycle
- Good understanding of financial terminology and definitions with data management and governance experience
- Prior or existing experience in digital initiatives
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.