VP/AVP, SDET , Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Duties & responsibilities The successful candidate should be a
professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the testing process, should be passionate and contribute to the creation of designs for production software. Responsibilities include both software development and testing that focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of the software. Should get involved in design, development, and testing and should have the ability to upgrade the technical skills within the constantly changing technology sector.
- Build test frameworks and utilities to speed up test execution and increase test coverage
- Set up, maintain, and perform test automation tools on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components
- Actively create and contribute to and maintain team's automation tool set and utilities
- Build automated dashboards and monitoring tools using AI and ML
- Work with platform teams, resolve issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Research test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes
- Manage and maintain E2E test environments and test data
- Conduct data quality assessment & design solutions to detect and improve test data quality
- Pro-actively seek to make continuous improvements to organisations over all quality of deliverables by improving test coverage, testing tools, frameworks, execution and test automation, etc.
- Create and/or maintain automated test data sets as well as validate test environments.
- Organize and prioritize team's needs within given automation toolset to ensure execution is as effective as possible
- Review and provide feedback on high-level automation requirements, business requirements, and testing documents
- Expert in any of
UI test automation tools (Selenium WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, Appium or similar)
API testing (using Karate, JUnit, Postman or similar)
Performance testing using JMeter / Performance Center
Experience using a broad range of test automation frameworks (e.g. Protractor, Cucumber, JUnit or similar)
- Excellent designing and programming skills
- Experience with Ai and ML technologies
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch
- Expert knowledge of continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA processes (Git, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo or similar)
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile, Behavioural and Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in the field of financial/banking applications testing and testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager
- Strong technical knowledge - able to code in one or more scripting language
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies - Mainframe, web, Java, Python.
- Advanced knowledge of test methodologies and approaches
- Experience of using and implementing a variety of test tools, including tools for test management / planning, defect tracking, test automation, test data management
- Should have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.