VP/AVP, Internal Auditor - Credit & International Branches, Group Audit
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
See job description for details
Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group’s risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company’s internal controls.
- Conduct credit & AML process audits of Corporate Banking, Private Banking and audit of the full suite of branch activities for International Branches
- Plan and coordinate the entire end-to-end audits, including working closely with the credit process & GTS audit teams to ensure thorough end to end audits. Link in the reviews with specific aspects of trade finance, particularly structured trade & treasury and markets
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls
- Develop appropriate tests to be conducted and ascertain the level of testing of controls required
- Escalate issues appropriately and timely. Ensure concise and clear audit findings and reports are presented on a timely basis.
- Complete audits effectively and within established timelines
- Perform continuous monitoring and auditing of the business and support units to keep abreast of the development of the units and identify any areas of concerns.
- Support the Team Manager in the preparation of the quarterly updates to Audit Committee
- Look at cross border aspects of the IBG business including marketing, regulatory & accounting
- Degree qualification, with minimum 7 years of relevant auditing/accounting/Basel/credit risk management experience
- Strong understanding of credit processes, credit risk management practices and controls and AML in the financial services industry
- Ability to work effectively with multiple priorities and to determine the most appropriate solution based on organisational and stakeholder needs
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and team mates
- Self-motivated, takes initiatives and demonstrate the ability to work independently or as team lead or member of the audit team
- Able to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Reasonable knowledge of T& O and GTS will be helpful
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.