VP/AVP, Data Technical Lead, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
• Lead a team of developer onshore and offshore to deliver the approved solution designed
• Drive alignment in terms of Agile software development practices across the cross-functional team, product owners, third party project managers, vendors, business partner and internal IT team
• Work with Enterprise solution architect to align on the solutions and design and implement
• Manage all activities end-to-end to deliver the project (from scoping to implementation) to agreed parameters
• Perform Code quality review and be gatekeeper for quality checks
• Ensure the deliveries are adhered to standards and processes related to infra setup, application deployment
• To mentor team on the Best practices related Performance Optimization, Code quality, automated testing and setup standards related to application development.
• Actively work with and manage a wide range of stakeholders in the business, technology and where required outside the bank, to deliver the project to agreed parameters
• Play a key role in creating an agile delivery plan for testing and tracking along with scrum master and test teams, Scrum Master certifications preferred
• Represent team for updates to senior management, issues resolution
• Perform the Scrum Master role (where required) and lead the Agile team in their sprint deliveries.
• Collaborate with project team members from various domains to monitor, develop and execute project plans and associated project content.
• Ability to manage multiple work-streams concurrently and effectively resolve issues or conflicts
• Deal with all project related escalations, and seek input and assistance from appropriate channels to resolve these in a timely manner
• Make or facilitate the making of decisions in a timely manner
• Good communication skills, negotiation skills and stakeholder management
• Adhere to organizational guidelines and process during deliver
• Actively monitor and report progress to all stakeholders in a timely manner by using a variety of formal and informal communication channels
• Evangelize Agile practices, in particular TDD, Pairing, Automated Testing, BDD, Story Slicing, Acceptance Criteria definitions, etc and act as a Change Agent to drive adoption Requirements
• At least 7-9 years of solid experience working in a banking / financial institution in Building and deploying applications related to Big Data Analytics.
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Strong understanding and hands on experience of Big Data technologies like CDH, Collibra, Spark, Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, S3, Argulus, etc
• Deep understanding and hands-on experience on IBM Mainframe (Cobol, PL1)
• Excellent knowledge of Data models, databases, knowledge of RDBMS/NoSQL platforms. Deep understanding of SQL (Teradata, Informatica), scripting languages like Shell, ...etc
• Experience on data visualization tools like QlikView & BO and Web technologies
• Adequate knowledge of database systems (RDBMS, MariaDB, SQL, NOSQL), Object Oriented Programming and Big data technologies.
• Good problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
• Passion to learn and master diverse new technologies in the open source community.
• Excellent presentation, analytical and articulation skills
• Project management and agile certifications will be a plus.
• Knowledge/understanding of latest cloud technologies
• Proficiency in Slack, Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint 2013, JIRA and Confluence
• Excellent communications, business analysis and project management skills.
• Able to run requirements/process workshops and guide stakeholders to finalize requirements and design.
• Proficient in process analysis and reengineering Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.