VP/AVP, Credit & International Branches, Group Audit
Internal Group Audit team is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function designed to add value to and evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
This role encompasses dealing with teams across the DBS network with the IBG, RMG credit risk & IBG Ops teams and also works closely with the Credit Risk Review, GTS and other functional & location audit teams.
You will also work closely with the MD and other Functional Audit Heads on the specific relevant projects.
• Conduct credit process audits of Corporate Banking, Private Banking and audit of the full suite of branch activities for International Branches, including review of AML/CFT & Sanctions-related processes.
• Plan and coordinate the entire end-to-end audits, including working closely with the Credit Risk Review & GTS audit teams to ensure thorough end to end audits. Link in the reviews with specific aspects of trade finance, particularly structured trade & treasury and markets
• Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls
• Develop appropriate tests to be conducted regionally and ascertain the level of testing of controls required. Develop rule-based analytics to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of planning and testing
• Escalate issues appropriately and timely. Ensure concise and clear audit findings and reports are presented on a timely basis.
• Complete audits effectively and within established timelines
• Perform continuous monitoring and auditing of the business and support units to keep abreast of the development of the units and identify any areas of concerns.
• Support the Team Manager in the preparation of the quarterly updates to Audit Committee
• Review cross border aspects of the IBG business including marketing, regulatory, finance, regional systems & processes
• Be part of the core team to drive the development of the team's data driven operating model considering key phases such as dynamic risk assessment, audit planning, testing.
• Degree qualification, with minimum 8 years of relevant auditing/credit control /accounting/credit risk management experience
• Strong understanding of credit processes, credit risk management practices and controls in the financial services industry
• Ability to work effectively with multiple priorities and to determine the most appropriate solution based on organisational and stakeholder needs
• Ability to establish and maintain positive engagement with stakeholders and teammates
• Self-motivated, proactive, analytical and demonstrate the ability to work independently as team lead or member of the audit team
• Excellent oral and written articulation, negotiation and presentation skills, reasonable knowledge of Credit Control, T& O and GTS will be helpful
• Able to travel Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.