VP/AVP, Application Architect, Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
The position is open for an Architect role who will be responsible to drive the OpenSource agenda for the group. The job requires the candidate to have proven work experience in cloud-native technologies and propose relevant tool sets to drive the agenda. Job responsibilities
- Lead technical team in driving investigation of incidents and corrective actions follow-ups thereby adjusting architecture patterns to prevent issues
- Drive Cloud Native strategy for the department and report to senior management from time to time on the progress
- Constantly explore alternatives for traditional licenses software using Open Source and at the same time not compromising to reliability/availability
- Provide end to end solution design overview for new business applications using OpenSource software's
- Constantly work with Application teams who are leveraging Open Source Database/Middleware, identify possible opportunities for product enhancements
- Share and mentor developers on the fundamental Application design concepts not just limited to Loose coupling, dynamic Scaling, blue-green deployment
- Work with security and application teams, and from time to time explore opportunities for public cloud AWS.
- Always explore new products/tools build prototypes and find opportunities for implementation without creating any prod issues
- At least 10+ years of IT experience with minimum 3-5 years in the Architecture role providing various solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Experience in Banking domain applications and the interfacing systems will be highly desirable
- Good understanding on the traditional IT infrastructure and the know-how to transform into Cloud Ready Platforms.
- Well verse with Docker concepts and capability to drive best practice to build docker image
- Well verse to design application using Dockers, Kubernetes Container platform
- Extensive programming experience in one of the scripting languages eg. Python, Puppet or Ansible.
- Provide invaluable insights during the software development stage and ensure standardized way of development across the Line of Business
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.