(A) Timely Submission and Accuracy of Reporting
- Check and review the reports and ensure reports are submitted within required time frame.
- Ensure reports are complied with Head Office, MAS, IRAS and Management’s requirements.
(B) Monitor MAS supervision indicators to ensure compliance with MAS regulation
- Monitor the Bank’s ratio for MLA, MCB, AMR, ACU Total Assets, DI etc. and ensure they are at least kept to meet MAS requirement.
(C) Liaise with MAS, Head Office and external auditors on reporting issues.
- Assist to liaise with officers-in-charge on reporting issues.
- Assist to liaise with external auditors in meeting statutory requirements, e.g., Statutory Accounts, MAS609 & etc.
- Assist to liaise with Head Office personnel on reporting issues.
(D) Assist to plan, develop and implement accounting process under International Accounting Standard, Head Office Accounting Guidelines, statutory requirement, Internal Accounting Polices and Work Procedures.
- Review and update the bank’s internal policies and accounting standard regularly.
- Ensure bank’s internal policies are properly carried out.
(E) Handle corporate tax and GST issues with assistant from external tax consultant, to ensure statutory compliance and efficient tax planning.
- Supervise the progress of corporate tax and GST works, including various reports/ schedules preparation, data extraction and verification processes, ensure timely submission of required information/ returns to relevant authority.
(F) Carry out various ad hoc projects and request from MAS, IRAS, Head Office, Management and other departments.
• A recognized University Degree in Accounting or its equivalent professional certificates.
• More than 8 years relevant experience, preferably with working experience in banking and financial services industry, experience in working with accounting, taxation and regulatory reporting.
• Self-driven, a team player, good coordination and IT skills are preferred.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem solving skill, proficiency in the use of MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint /Access.