Ultra Low Latency Engineer
Potential candidate will be part of a global team of platform engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency in delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The candidate will be responsible for project delivery, support escalations, monitoring, automation, security, documentation, and capacity management of company's infrastructure. This will involve collaborating with their business partners, application owners, clients, vendors, and internal teams (SRE, Network, Application Support and Application Development, Quants, etc.) to deliver end to end solutions in a timely manner The Position:
- Deliver systems, based on Linux (CentOS 7.x and 8.x) driven by requirements and developed standards to ensure consistency with 300+ servers across 22 sites.
- Manage BAU requests/services/processes as a member of a global team to provide a highly available environment employing automation, optimization and continual service improvement practices were possible to achieve outstanding service delivery.
- Project management
- Provide runbooks for the support team
- Manage infrastructure as a service in collocated direct market access facilities
- Proactively automate common tasks and functions to improve efficiency and support Infrastructure as a Service.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, stakeholders and management on the development of technology solutions.
- Minimum 7 years' experience years working with Linux (RHE/CentOS 6.x and 7.x preferred) in a large complex or niche environment with the following areas of focus: operations, systems engineering and systems performance.
- Server Management and Support: HP, SuperMicro, Dell, and Cisco
- Filesystem Management and Support: EXT4, XFS, NFSv3, NFSv4, and NFSv4.x
- Low latency network interfaces and kernel bypass: Solarflare with onload, Mellanox with VMA
- System tuning and performance troubleshooting
- Experience with configuration management tools i.e. Chef, Terraform, Puppet, and Ansible
- Highly motivated and a keen eye for scripting and automation in Python, Ruby, and Bash.
- Working knowledge with TCP, UDP, NTP, PTP
- Strong communication: verbal and written.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to tackle troubleshooting the unknown, glitches and the obscure.
- Well-organized, proactive, resourceful, able to handle a fast-paced environment, question the status quo, accountable and possesses an ownership mindset.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related experience.