UX Engineer, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you.
This role sits within the Design Standards team, and is based in Singapore. The Design Standards team creates our design language system and defines and steers the way we design digital services at DBS. The team covers eight countries, Consumer and Corporate banking, and Middle Office Management group (internal tools).
You will report to the head of Design Standards. Responsibilities
You'll filter the many ideas of a large, jaunty, productive team to help us figure out which should get developed into prototypes. To choose effectively, you will have to ask the right difficult questions, such as: 'What problem are you trying to solve?' and 'How will we track and measure the effectiveness of this prototype?' or 'Have you thought about the technical trade-offs?'. Once we have our winners, you will inspire developers and stakeholders alike to invest in an innovative design.
- As a cherished member of the Design Standards team, working to standardise products across six countries, you'll start and end your week with the DLS (Design Language System) we are building.
- The DLS work may take you virtually to India, Taiwan or the other countries where many of our developers are stationed. You'll be our ambassador on the tech side, performing coding governance and making sure designers and developers are on the same page.
- A DLS is as (or almost as) good as the tools that support it. Strict bank security policies and SAAS tools often don't go together, but we are making this work. For example, we've invested in implementing Abstract. And with you by our side, helping us choose the right tools, we'll be unstoppable!
- You will spend time with our various teams understanding the products and projects they are rooting for and evaluating if or prototypes should be built. You will work especially closely with our wonderful research team.
- It's important to us that we contribute to the wider design community (through events, articles, internships, etc.). We need to build and maintain a website to share ideas, and we hope you can help us with that. It's for designers, so we want all your crazy and beautiful ideas on how to make it special.
- Before you know it, it will be Friday and time for team dinner, drinks or Creative Day (we do something fun and creative together once a month).
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
- Intimate knowledge of browser quirks and best practices.
- Experience in collaborating with designers on customer-centric projects, and partnering with other engineers in launching large-scale products.
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field or equivalent project and portfolio experience.
- You actively contribute to the UX and engineering communities.
- You are a skilled orator and a great diplomat.
- You have personal pet projects you work on for fun in your free time.