Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager (FP&A, Treasury & Global Concerns), this role is to manage the daily treasury functions of the College and Foundation and assist the rest of the FP&A function on investment and cash matters. The Treasury Analyst will conduct or lead studies and analyses of the College’s complex and confidential financial matters employing a comprehensive understanding of corporate finance, financial risk management, credit analysis, regulatory and financial planning approaches, statistical methods and computer applications. He/she will be in charge with the reporting and tracking of cash flow, investment activities and liaison with Investment Committees.
Cash Flow Projection
- Produces cash flow forecasting by working closely with the Finance team, understanding the operational variables affecting cash flow
- Manage cash flow including recordkeeping, reconciliation and reporting
- Partner with the College and Foundation team in their fund needs, working closely with the GL team to provide finance support
- Constantly seek to optimize the College and Foundation available cash through forecast and investment allocation
- Develop and maintain banking relationships and bank accounts
- Manages the College and Foundation investments: relationships with advisors, fund managers and bankers
- Liaise with advisors, fund managers to ensure all investment activities are appropriately documented for audit purposes
- Monitor trust investment and escrow activity and research and analyse variances
- Reconcile and monitor operating, investment and loan accounts
- Communicate with senior management related to treasury inquiries
Bank Relationship Management
- Working with internal functional teams and external advisors, bankers and consultants
- Managing College’s interaction across all the banking relationships to cover all documentation requirements, create processes for the provisioning and managing accounts and personnel access rights/responsibilities and negotiate of favourable rates & fees.
- Lead negotiation for the College on credit line and loan for future lease
- Work closely with bankers or investment consultants to establish strategies to reduce risk related to changes in interest rates, and foreign currency
- Mitigate the risk of fraud or an audit violation, or the risk of liability from non-compliance with college and industry guidelines
- Provides the Investment Committees with reports concerning market conditions, funding issues, returns on investment, cash-related risks, and similar topics.
- Reports monthly portfolio management with explanations
- Prepares FIDC and FIC investment sub-committee board presentation on a quarterly basis
- Collaborates with Finance team to ensure consistency and best practices roll out in area of responsibility
- Drive process improvements – payment interfaces AP/AR, integration with other functions, etc.
- Assist in any ad-hoc task or project as assigned
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Preferably a Certified treasury professional (CTP) and/or Chartered financial analyst (CFA) certifications
- Minimum of 5 years of treasury experience, with hands on investment and cash management experience in a professional business environment required
- Knowledge of SAGE Finance systems will be a plus
- Excellent Good verbal and written skills to be able to communicate with the Community
- Good excel skills and familiarity with financial reporting tools
- Motivated self-starter, curious, resourceful and independent; keen to learn with the ability to collaborate with management and functional departments
- Well-organized and capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Strong business integrity and holds sensitive information in confidence