Transfer Agency Services, Vice President (Asia Ex- Japan)
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is now looking to recruit an expert Transfer Agency professional in Singapore to develop the teams based in Singapore and Hong Kong and to provide oversight to transfer agency outsource partners, as well as implementing process improvement initiatives to deliver enhanced services across the Asia region. Reporting to the APAC Head of Transfer Agency Services, you will be responsible for ensuring that the function delivers the highest standards of service through ongoing oversight and management of the outsourced service providers and through implementing a strong control environment for the team activities, working to improve and develop processes, procedures and controls through initiatives such as implementation of global operating models and increased automation and efficiency of the teams activities.
Transfer Agency Services, Vice President (Asia Ex- Japan)
We are seeking an individual with sound Transfer Agency experience and a consistent track record in developing teams and delivering process improvements, for a diverse and challenging role with responsibility for ensuring BlackRock’s extensive outsourced Transfer Agency services deliver against demanding product and service requirements.
The role requires a self-starter with strong people management skills who can demonstrate high levels of initiative with a dedication to succeed both as an individual and a great teammate. You, as the successful individual should demonstrate a dedication to technical excellence, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines. An excellent communicator you will use your strong influencing skills to develop robust collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
This role would suit people with backgrounds in Transfer Agency and related fields in either asset management or a transfer agency service provider. Excellent communication and social skills to work alongside the business, providers and all levels of personnel within BlackRock are needed. This role provides opportunities to work with the product groups and the chance to develop career paths within the business, the broader Global Fund Services group, or into other operating teams or product or client facing business areas.
- Manage and develop teams in the mentioned locations and act as a ‘go to’ source of expertise on functional and process requirements.
- Handle the development of the providers’ services to meet global product development requirements, to ensure that BlackRock has a coherent, effective transfer agency model across all products and providers.
- Take the lead with our third party partners and BlackRock business areas. Handle transfer agency and related operating model aspects, scoping work required, managing dependencies, ensuring adequate resources and reporting progress to management/key stakeholders. Represent the function at project meetings.
- Apply expertise in support of BlackRock’s change management initiatives, playing a leading role in the management and delivery of strategic and other change projects.
- Ensure new products are align with all relevant BlackRock policies and with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships with Transfer Agency Services teams across the APAC region and globally ensuring effective communication to resolve issues and manage delivery to APAC clients, including identifying, raising and managing delivery of changes required to the service to meet APAC client needs.
- Collaborate with the team and service providers to implement changes required in order to meet BlackRock global standard oversight and monitoring program including implementation of key controls, development of control and exception reporting to BlackRock and implementation of appropriate metrics and MI reporting to BlackRock executive management.
- As required, when engaged with product change, use transfer agency and operating model expertise to shape product features, identifying and providing solution to operational complexities and risks arising from product design, escalating issues to senior management as appropriate.
- Identify changes required to the Transfer Agency Services oversight and operating model arising from new product or service features, and work with providers and colleagues in other APAC/EMEA teams to implement such changes.
- You should have in depth knowledge and understanding of Transfer Agency with at least 7 years’ experience in the mutual fund industry with a transfer agency focus and exposure to Luxembourg SICAVs, Dublin SICAVs or APAC On-Shore pooled fund products.
- Demonstrate an in depth technical understanding across the spectrum of the business operating model, key product ranges and investment types together with an appreciation of the end to end business processes in a fund management company.
- Demonstrate a risk focus and possess knowledge of the risk inherent in the business and appropriate control framework required taking account of the relevant regulatory environment.
- Ability to set objectives, provide technical assistance and manage change across the teams, direct and manage the providers to deliver.
- Provide direction for projects within the team and/or providers in addressing complex problems together with ability to prioritise, delegate and use judgment to get problems resolved.
- Effective people management skills with a track record of running and motivating teams to deliver on change objectives and a focus on coaching and development of key individuals.
- Set the highest standards of delivery for self, the team members and providers and demonstrate ability to create an environment which will ensure that those standards are consistently met.
- Ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key BlackRock stakeholders and 3rd party providers.
- Prepared to take initiative, work flexibly to help the team achieve its goals, and respond positively to change.
- Ability to identify problems and issues, work proactively with others to resolve them and escalate issues appropriately.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.