- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 31 Jan 18
Transaction Banking - Trade Sales, Director
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
We are looking at a Senior Trade Sales Originator and Transactor.Job Purpose
To drive "new to bank" Trade revenues and product/market penetration with assigned portfolio of International Corporate (IC) clients at global, regional or local buying centres of Commodities Corporates and Chinese Corporates.
To retain and grow existing wallet from day-to-day transactions within assigned portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
Understanding of Client
- Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centers and decision making process.
- Owns TB Client Map and Account Plan commitments.
- Deep understanding of client ecosystem and supply chain
- Build full access to trade finance decision makers through active client calling; including procurement and trading centres, strategic sourcing, export teams, structured financing teams, channel / distribution management teams.
- Build access at operating level in the client shop.
Revenue & Trade Drivers
- Complete ownership of client level revenue for Trade
- Complete ownership of the assigned portfolio's Driver levels.
- Manage the execution through to revenue realisation as per scorecard metric
- Pro-actively lead Trade opportunity development with the CIB team.
- Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline and deal review policies.
- Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
- Input into BCA's via Product Conditions for assigned portfolio.
- Facility structuring for Trade deals, working with SST and Commercial Banking where relevant.
- Proposal and pitches to the clients.
- Provide input to Product Managers on evolving client and competitor landscape
- Put up PSRs / Deal Reviews where applicable
- Coordinate with CB/EMT ecosystem deals
- Document negotiation for new to bank business.
- Active role in credit & compliance approvals on CA deviations for assigned portfolio
- Grow Utilisation on Trade limits for assigned portfolio.
- On RS details, work with the RSMs on deals
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. CIB).
- Working with assigned TTO and PSM for superior client servicing and experience
- Manage all Trade Sales risks in the assigned Portfolio. conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture, Conduct & Behaviors) and FOSAF.
- Proactively engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients
- Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
Knowledge and Skills
- Broad banking experience
- Deep knowledge of Trade products
- More than 10 years experience in driving Trade business
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Practitioner with Advanced Trade knowledge.
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
- Strong credit understanding and experience.
- Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
- Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
- Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
- Strong credibility with key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, CIB, FCC, ITO.
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.