Trainee Software Engineer
Job Responsibilities/Requirements: Traineeship Description
M1 Limited is committed to an employee-orientated, high performance culture that emphasises empowerment, quality, continuous improvement, and the on-going development of a superior workplace.
As a Trainee Software Engineer, you are the fundamental building blocks in delivering cutting-edge products and services. You are passionate about the nuts and bolts of communications infrastructure and systems, and excited to solve the toughest technical challenges. You enjoy working collaboratively with other teams and business partners to deliver innovative products and services, and operational excellence. Join us, to make an impact on daily life through innovation.
We are looking for a Trainee Software Engineer to join our growing team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with some experience in developing scalable data platforms. We're looking for someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, first-hand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps and some experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Knowledge of building automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Knowledge of modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
Thank you for expressing your interest to join us via our Traineeship vacancy. In support of Workforce Singapore's SGUnited Programme, we will only be accepting applications via MyCareersFuture .
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.