Trading Support ASG #109432
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Trading Support ASG #109432
The Trading Support team is a strategic front office support team, part of APAC GM IT. It comprises of highly talented individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge. The team supports the global FID trade booking systems for FX, Rates, Credit, EMG and Repo business lines. Support around 500+ users (Sales, Trading and Middle office) in APAC, EMEA and Americas.
The team is required to support the pre trade and post trade flow for all business lines. This involves supporting the business through pricing, offering, trading, intraday risk and ensuring that the trades flow into back office settlement systems.
Over the past few months, the team has expanded to cover a DevOps function that is responsible for crafting, implementing and maintaining a range of tools and processes for assisting with management of the production environment.
- You will be primarily supporting Bonds/eTrading with secondary focus on FX and Repo trade booking applications. Provide application support to internal users - Trading, product control & Middle office.
- Take ownership, investigate, log/track and resolve 1st/2nd level support queries. This will involve an understanding of the systems supported as well as the underlying business concepts and will include root cause identification and implementing preventative solutions.
- Analyze and understand complex problems, take technical decisions, make recommendations, and communicate solutions in a dedicated manner.
- Crisis/Incident Management, raising with appropriate urgency. Ensuring team follow the prescribed incident & problem management process.
- Ensure that the team's Service-Level Agreements for issue resolution and remediation are adhered to.
- Responsible for minimizing downtime/outages/issues of all systems supported by the team.
- Identify and drive efficiencies in support tasks enabling the support team to be more effective.
- Handle development releases to Production, ensuring stability and maintaining quality & efficiency.
- Manage business partners and their expectations in a calm and professional way in high pressure situation.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the business line and its processes, in order to provide a good service to clients.
- Assess the relative severity and impact of incidents on the business and prioritize appropriately.
- Manage production incidents, resolve independently or ensure appropriate ownership within support and development teams (including accurate logging/detail gathered for reporting purposes). Ensure clients and management are kept up to date.
- Actively identify areas where support queries can be reduced, and identify, document and potentially implement (small scale) solutions and inspire the global team.
- Ensure down-time in the trading environments is minimized, whilst dedicatedly monitoring application status against service levels, addressing any issues or leading amendment discussions/negotiations. Take a leadership role in Problem management and route cause analysis. Aim to permanently fix repeat problems rather than patch them.
- Work with development managers to reduce the support profile of existing applications. Drive the resolution of recurring issues at a systemic level.
- Build and track a book of work for support, especially relating to follow-ups for reoccurring issues and actions from Problem tickets.
- Work with development team on improving the environment (remediate EOL infrastructure, identify single point of failures etc).
- Provide business and technical leadership to the team.
- Ensure that the team's Knowledge Base up to date and dedicatedly maintain documentation and implement knowledge review processes.
- You have good experience with Relational databases (MS-SQL/Oracle/Sybase).
- You possess solid experience in at least one scripting language (Perl/PowerShell/VBS/etc).
- You should have knowledge of middleware technologies (EMS/MQ/etc.).
- You have experience interacting with traders, product controllers and Middle Office.
- Understanding of ITIL (Problem management/change-management) processes.
- You have good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- You should have excellent communication skills.
- You have the willingness to cross training with other applications/technologies.
- You have strong understanding of different programming languages, operating systems (Windows/Linux) and environments including the ability to debug/trace issues.
- You are willing to work in shifts (morning/evening only, no night shifts) and provide weekend coverage as & when required.
- Experience with FX, Bonds and Repo products.
- Fair understanding of PnL and risk sensitivities.
- Experience of business and operational processes in the IB Risk industry.
- Oral communication skills including the ability to actively listen.
- Written communication skills - clear, understandable and unambiguous documentation and emails are a part of the role.
- Ability to concisely explain problems and propose solutions.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in both the Business and IT.
- Organised and dedicated.
- Ability to learn new business situations and technology quickly, able to work in a highly challenging and constantly changing environment.
- Problem solving ability and resilience.
- Analytical mind set.