- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Trading Assistant - Treasury-Markets
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Trading Assistant - Treasury-MarketsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Treasury-Markets acts as guardian of the Group's balance sheet and liquidity by expertly driving asset liability management that is transparent, trusted and well respected. Treasury-Markets is the first line of defence responsible for managing the short-term liquidity position of the Bank
- Treasury-Markets principles are:
- Always act in the best interest of the Bank
- Never Compromise the structural integrity of the balance sheet
Assist the TM Desk across key pillars of:-
- Liquidity - All Group assets and liabilities pass through Treasury-Markets for liquidity risk management executed to withstand both market and name specific stress events. Creation of funding capacity through liability generation and balance sheet optimisation
- Regulatory - Prudently manage Group regulatory reserves, LCR and other key ratios alongside each country's local statutory requirements
- Risk Management - Proactively manage liquidity and interest rate risk to minimise inherent balance sheet and regulatory costs and optimise returns
- Credit - Maintain a portfolio of HQLA and short-term interbank exposure, supporting regulatory requirements, managing surplus liquidity and balancing returns with risk appetite
- Provide thought leadership on balance sheet and liquidity management issues globally while working closely with business and functional partners to deliver the Bank's objectives
- Maximize Treasury-Markets underlying value creation
- Treasury-Markets business and risk management processes are defined and governed in various risk, governance and control committees (e.g., TM PGC). The role specifically supports:-
- Hedge Documentation & tagging of securities to the hedge in Cortex
- MO liaison
- Booking reconciliation
- Maintenance of DoIs, BCP dox, OCIR dox
- Development of trade calculators
- TS / Nostro / CMO management assistance
- Facilitating risk report generation / downloads
- Coordinating PPG / CA processes
- Assisting with port management, set up, confirmations
- Process improvements and busting blockages
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles such that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Manage the Group's balance sheet and liquidity to within agreed limits. Ensure that a robust liquidity position is maintained and that any surplus liquidity is deployed prudently in line with the Bank's objectives
- Adhere to Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation
- Proactively advise and monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk and other stakeholder.
- Insure action plans are tracked to closure
- Enforce a culture of risk management, control and governance, and ensure that the Treasury-Markets teams comply with the risk management processes in place
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the Global Treasury-Markets team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.