Trade Services Representative
- Attractive package
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 11 Feb 19
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets.
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
This is a role in the Singapore Operations team (based in Singapore) which is part of the International Group Operations within Wholesale Banking.
The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Singapore Operations and other team members within Trade Operations.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor in the Singapore Trade Operations team and required to process primarily Standby LCs and Bankers Guarantees from end-to-end in APAC/EMEA time zone.
- Review Standby Letter of Credit (SLC) and Demand Guarantee (DG) transactions for workability in accordance with ICC and Wells Fargo standards
- Issue, advise, amend, and bill Standby Letters of Credit (SLC) and Demand Guarantees within TradeWorks
- Examine SLC and DG documents presented for drawing in accordance with instrument requirements, ICC standards, and WF practice
- Process payments for SLC and DG drawings in TradeWorks
- Participate in special projects and system enhancement testing as required
- Assist with staff training as necessary
- Maintain working knowledge of pertinent corporate systems to be used in daily activities in addition to the trade processing system used for L/Cs
- Identify and escalate potential issues to Head of Operations as appropriate
- Undergraduate degree or above with relevant experience in structuring SLC’s and DG’s
- Must be proficient in all aspects of SLC’s and DG’s
- Knowledge of the latest revisions of the UCP, ISP, and URDG and ability to utilize knowledge of complex SLC and DG structure, documentation, governing rules, standard and regulations, to make decisions related to processing
- Must be PC literate, with a working knowledge of the MS Office Suite of applications and adequate data entry skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Must possess strong analytical/organizational/time management skills along with an ability to be extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high pressure, multifunction, tight deadline driven environment, with frequent priority changes
- The successful candidate is expected to work staggered working hours as and when required