Trade Services (Bank Guarantee) Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
To process Import/Export/Bank Guarantee/Supply Chain transactions
• Ensure that all transactions and tasks assigned are processed/carried out in accordance with the operating/compliance procedures.
• Liaise and coordinate with the back office to ensure smooth processing of transactions within the set turnaround times
• Liaise with Marketing Officers and Risk whenever necessary regarding solutions for adhoc transactions touching on customer's risks and commitments or irregular transactions.
• Handle customer/internal inquiries effectively and provide advice on trade products
• Verify and approve transactions within their authority level. Also initiate and input transactions as and when required.
• Look into customers' / correspondents' complaints in liaison with Team Manager.
• Perform any other duties delegated by Team Manager from time to time. .
• Bring Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
• Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls
• Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or permanent control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
• Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
• Comply with the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
• Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies
• Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions "AML/FS") related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS-related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• At least 3 year's experience in handling trade import/export/Bank guarantee/supply chain financing transactions
• Preferably with at least 1 year experience in Bank guarantee format review and processing
• PC skills - MS Word, Excel
• Strong team player. Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Fast and accurate. Can multi task and able to work under pressure
• Client service oriented
Specific Qualifications Required
• Good understading and able to apply relevant ICC Rules - e.g. UCP 600, ISP 98 , URDG 758, URC 522
• Preferably holder of the Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists[CDCS]/Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees[CSDG]