Trade Sales Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- 16 Apr 19
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Transaction Banking in Singapore ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- As a trade sales specialist, the candidate manages the trade finance portfolio to ensure optimal utilization and quality services being delivered in a timely manner. The key performance indicators include driving the growth of the Bank’s trade finance portfolio and revenue.
- Develops target markets and prospects, originates and generates business deals with existing and prospective clients, building a strong deal pipeline.
- Owns the product approval process for new or modified products (where applicable) and work with global and local stakeholders to enhance product offering.
This job is accountable for the following:
- Country accountable for: Singapore (Corporate) / Southeast Asia (FI)
- Responsible for direct marketing of the Bank’s Trade & Supply Chain products while managing related risks.
- Responsible for developing new products or modifying existing products as required, by obtaining relevant and appropriate approvals.
- [Responsible for liaison with correspondent banks / KYC process ]
Education / Experience / Other Information
- MBA, CFA or Degree Holder
- At least 6 years of trade sales experience, especially with experience in structuring complex deals, and track record of sales closure.
- Conversant in documentary trade and open account trade financing solutions, with skills in assessing potential risks and including applicable risks mitigation in the solutions.
- Good network of local contacts with corporate clients which will lead to generation of sales lead.
- Sound regulatory and compliance knowledge
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential
- Motivated team player