Trade Reporting Regulatory Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst within Financial Markets Regulatory programme, you will be involved in critical regulatory projects, working in a dynamic global team with software engineers, other project managers, business stakeholders, Operational partners and other technical experts globally.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform in-depth analysis around key requirements of the project and regulatory changes (Trade Reporting Regulatory projects).
- Working with technology teams to design the reconciliation solution and process, implement the reconciliation tool into SCB architecture.
- Defining and establishing the necessary source TP feeds into the reconciliation tool.
- Defining and establishing the necessary source Trade Repository feeds into the reconciliation tool
- Operationalizing the analysis and categorization of breaks (second half of year)
- Articulate the Scope / requirements in standard documents/process flow diagrams/use case diagrams etc to secure signoff from stakeholders.
- Participation in industry forums / calls and interpretation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations.
- Conduct meetings and relevant discussions to engage stakeholders in the right perspective and take the task to closure.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal (Legal, Compliance, other tech teams, Transaction Reporting teams) and external (DTCC, Industry calls, Regulators etc).
- Identify risks & issues and communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner - assist with proposing & planning mitigating steps.
- Determine Strategic Solutions / Proposals - focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution.
- Facilitates Business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the project across FMO, IT and relevant FO teams
- Provide solutions as well as produce a clear-cut functional specification for development team.
- Use appropriate tools like JIRA, WIKI etc to ensure that Functional Specifications are split and managed with development team in terms of clarity and implementation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage & build relationships with both technology (including vendors) & business stakeholders.
- Assist the PM with planning of BA tasks.
- Support the test team & business users during the testing phase by making design calls & assisting in issue analysis & resolution
- Support the transition to the production support team.
- Minimum 5+ Years of experience in business analysis and Investment Banking with direct experience in front-to-back trading, order processing and regulatory reporting. More the experience, the better.
- Familiarity with financial products - listed and OTC (IRS, Equities, FX, Fixed Income, swaps and rates/credit derivatives). Excellent understanding of Trade Life Cycle.
- Prior demonstrable Experience on Regulatory reporting regimes specifically in the EU (viz: MiFID II, Dodd Frank, EMIR etc)
- SQL skills for data interrogation and analysis. XML and FPML expertise are preferred.
- Strong skills in oral communication, listening and questioning as well as in writing business requirements and functional specifications
- Strong coordination/organizational skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A good understanding of data analysis, data mapping and user acceptance testing
- Atlassian tools (Confluence and JIRA), and working experience in agile scrum delivery is required
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.