Trade Product Development Manager, Group Wholesale Banking
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 24 Mar 18
Trade Product Development Manager, Group Wholesale BankingReporting to Head of Trade Product Development, Group Wholesale Bank, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, development, implementation, enhancement and also undertake project management activities to deliver on the strategic trade roadmap for Group Wholesale Bank. This includes the delivery of market leading Wholesale Banking products, including but not limited to the end-to-end Trade Finance & Services across Traditional Trade and Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) for Corporates and FI Trade in UOB's key markets in the Asia Pacific region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding the corporate clients trade product consumption requirements in UOB's key markets and translate these requirements to development of trade finance products and services based on the strategic trade roadmap.
- Manage the end-to-end product development process of trade products for the Group Wholesale Banking corporate and NBFI/FI clients, encompassing the back-end transaction processing systems, front-end API platforms as well as strategic partnership and alliances that impacts the delivery of our trade value proposition to our clients.
- Advise on strategic/forward looking capabilities and identify business trends, developments and innovations on how this impacts client behavior and synthesize these external trends into possible systems, operational or partnership solutions to meet business needs.
- Work with various partners such as Product, Business, Digitalization, Technology and Operations to effectively plan, execute, manage developments in line with the strategic trade roadmap and challenge stakeholders (and decision makers) where necessary to ensure delivery on time, cost and specifications.
- Work with stakeholders to detail design and articulate business requirements and functional/technical specifications of the end-to-end trade and financial supply chain management platform to support focus client segments and industry verticals.
- Review with functional and business units to redesign the end-to-end process for trade transactions to leverage on new product capabilities and functionality so as to achieve scalability and efficiency.
- Work with internal functional teams and external players to drive the bank's trade digital strategy including but not limited to block chain, digital channels and smart nation initiatives.
- Degree with at least 8-10years of working experience in trade finance space like trade operations, product management, development, technology
- Strong communication and writing skills to articulate technical and business requirements
- Highly motivated self-starter and strong team player
- Possess strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills to collaborate with other departments internally and third parties and vendors externally
- Familiarity with unique requirements within different corporate client segments from commercial bank to large multi-national companies
- Multi-jurisdictional product development experience